Arthur J. Gallagher
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior FATCA Tax Specialist
at Arthur J. Gallagher
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., one of the world's largest insurance brokerage and risk management services firms, provides a full range of retail and wholesale property/casualty (P/C) brokerage and alternative risk transfer services globally, as well as employee benefit brokerage, consulting and actuarial services. Gallagher also offers claims and information management, risk control consulting and appraisal services to clients around the world. If you're looking for a professional career with an industry leader then you have come to the right place. Wherever your interests lie, we're sure you will agree on one thing: our continued prosperity hinges on our greatest resource --- our people.
· Implementimprovements to policies and procedures regarding payments made to foreignpayees and related tax reporting and withholding
· Preparation of policyand procedure manuals
· Maintain allForms W-8 for all company divisions, including W-8s supporting Trade paymentsand Non-Trade payments
· Validate newForms W-8 from new foreign payees
· Renew expiringForms W-8
· Remediate W-8sfor prior years
· Determine anddocument whether foreign payments are subject to the U.S. withholding tax,including review of treaty claims
· Preparation ofForms 1042-S and 8966
· Preparation ofForms W-8 and W-9
· Respond to allFATCA inquiries
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years related experience required.
- CPA preferred.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure