Grant Thornton International Ltd
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Audit Senior Manager
at Grant Thornton International Ltd
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Audit Senior Manager
Grant Thornton understands how important audited financialstatements are to businesses, shareholders/owners, lenders, investors and otherstakeholders. We work with some of the country's most successful private andpublic companies to first understand their businesses and the risks they face,and then focus our efforts where they matter most. We work with clients to improve their overallfinancial reporting processes and to help them better understand theirbusinesses. We also consider it our jobto continually inform our clients about accounting, financial and regulatorydevelopments that may affect their businesses.
Our growing audit practice is looking to add a Senior Audit Manager to our team of trusted business advisers. When Grant Thornton undertakes an engagement to audit a company's financial statements and/or internal controls over financial reporting, we understand that to deliver a high quality audit that the underlying activities and operations that give rise to the accounting entries need to be reviewed and understood. We provide insightful and sound operational advice, recommend process improvement strategies, and offer suggestions to manage risk. Our professionals are thought leaders providing personalized attention and quality service to our clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Oversee the efforts of multiple client engagements in a variety of industries with the ability to manage assigned client engagements to budget.
- Maintain active communication with assigned clients to manage their expectations, ensure client satisfaction with our service, and lead applicable change efforts effectively.
- Consult, work with and service assigned client base to make necessary recommendations on both business improvements and process improvements, and serve as a business adviser to assigned clients.
- Understand and manage firm risk on client audits and proposals.
- Manage, develop, train and mentor audit staff on client projects and assess their performance for both engagement and year-end reviews.
- Play a key role in future business generation by identifying new business opportunities through networking opportunity within the industry.
- Actively participate in recruiting audit talent to the firm.
- Attend professional development, networking events and training seminars on a regular basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or a business-related field is required. An advanced degree (e.g. Masters in Accounting, MBA, etc.) is a plus.
- 8-10 years of financial statement audit experience in a medium to large public accounting firm or a professional services firm is required. Big 4 audit experience is a plus.
- Active CPA license is required.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including proficiency in US GAAP, GAAS, and PCAOB rules and standards is required.
- Demonstrated experience in practice development and business development.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent leadership skills – proven ability to manage and develop staff members.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites as required, is expected.
- Travel Percentage: Could go as high as 20%.
GrantThornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers anextensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visitwww.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) isthe U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world'sleading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. GrantThornton has revenues in excess of $1.6 billion and operates 59 offices acrossthe U.S., with more than 595 partners and 8,500 employees in the U.S. and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-heldcompanies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religiousorganizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products,financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. GrantThornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growthholistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, missionfulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton's policy to promote equal employmentopportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to,recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination,are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex,age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status,veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicablefederal, state or local law.