Grant Thornton International Ltd
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cyber Risk MBA Intern - Summer 2019
at Grant Thornton International Ltd
Who is Grant Thornton?
Grant Thornton is a collaborative, entrepreneurial firm on the move! As part of a dynamic, global organization of more than 42,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world's leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenue in excess of $1.56 billion and operates 58 offices across the United States with more than 565 partners and 8,000 employees.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly and privately held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically – whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
We are committed to capitalizing on our strengths and serving dynamic organizations that share our values and drive. Our global values of collaboration, leadership, excellence, agility, respect, and responsibility (“CLEARR”) guide our behaviors and fuel our ambition to be the firm that makes a difference every day.
We provide companies with the guidance that they need to help run their businesses, establish robust internal controls, use information effectively and improve performance. These services include compliance, consulting services, information technology solutions, forensic accounting and investigative services, recovery and reorganization, tax preparation, and valuation, to name a few.
Grant Thornton's Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients.
What are Cyber Risk Advisory Services?
The digitization of currencies, transactions, relationships, experiences and assets has transformed entire industries. Cyber capabilities extend borders and reach, creating new customers, business partners, avenues of access, methods of innovation and forms of value. While generating myriad opportunities, digital innovation also brings new risk. To cope with this environment, cyber risk management should be fully implemented in an integrated risk management and risk governance program. To assist clients in developing a holistic approach to cyber risk management that is aligned to their business strategy, we have developed a three-step iterative approach called AIM (The AIM approach).
- Align: We help executive leaders align their cyber risk strategy to support critical business objectives that matter most to the organization. Our services drive transformation of cyber programs to enable digital business strategies.
- Integrate: We focus on securing the organization's most critical assets by assessing and implementing controls that enable the business to execute their strategies. Driving the right balance between managing risk and fostering productivity.
- Measure: We take a holistic approach to Cyber Risk and Privacy reporting by integrating risk and compliance data with security operations data that provides intelligent insight to proactively manage threats and respond to incidents.
Why become a Cyber Risk Advisory Services Intern?
We are looking for MBA graduates to join our Cyber Risk Advisory team to support clients across our portfolio. We need analytical and creative thinkers to help us develop innovative solutions that optimize our client's cyber risk management functions by aligning the business and risk strategies and enable cyber risk management through technology and analytics.
Our Cyber Risk Advisory practice offers an opportunity for you to leverage your technology background and experience to broaden your business and project management skills in a rewarding and challenging environment. Individuals will work on projects across our portfolio of Cyber Risk services and will assist the transformation of Cyber Risk strategies, privacy and data protection programs, security architecture designs, various Cyber tool implementations, and Cyber risk process operationalization.
Cyber Risk Advisory Interns will gain exposure to various areas of the practice by participating as an active member on cyber risk consulting and compliance projects and by becoming an integral part of the delivery teams. As an Intern, you will focus primarily on developing the foundational skillsets for becoming a professional management consultant. This will occur through delivery of client engagements and contributing to the capability of the firm. Interns build competencies in relationship management, project management, and facilitation. You will learn methodologies and toolsets for analysis, problem solving and logical information design. Additional responsibilities may include:
- Supporting client engagements from start to finish, including planning, organizing, conducting, managing, and project conclusion
- Assisting in strategic cyber risk management and planning engagements that integrate multiple client stakeholders including finance, marketing, IT, risk and business operations and supports the organization's overall strategy and operational plans
- Performing detailed analysis to identify and assess cyber and privacy compliance risks (NY DFS, GDPR, etc.) and opportunities for improvement, documenting conclusions, and providing recommendations
- Performing intensive data and financial analysis and conducting research to identify and solve unique client problems
- Assisting in Cyber risk technology implementations that effectively and efficiently meet business objectives and ensure a return on investment
- Work closely with partners and staff on practice development to continuously enhance the methodologies, tools and technologies used to support solution delivery
- Assisting management with proposals and other business development efforts
- Other duties as assigned
- MBA with major and overall minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Preferred Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Informatics, Risk, Data Analytics, Computer Science, Engineering
- Prefer 2-6 years of experience in management consulting, business analysis, engineering, information technology, cybersecurity, internal audit or equivalent
- Must be able to demonstrate:
- Creative problem solving skills
- Critical thinking aptitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective project and time management skills for handling multiple priorities and simultaneous projects
- Must be intellectually curious and motivated to develop professionally, including pursuit and attainment of industry recognized professional certifications and enthusiasm to learn through a combination of structured, on-the-job and self-directed training
Grant Thornton LLP provides both local and national training programs related to an individual's job responsibilities. We are committed to ongoing professional development and we encourage individuals to attend outside training seminars.
Grant Thornton LLP offers an outstanding opportunity for career growth and development, an attractive compensation and incentive program, generous benefits including immediate participation in our 401(k) plan, and a flexible work environment that offers individual enrichment opportunities in a team environment.
It is Grant Thornton's policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.