Grant Thornton International Ltd
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Organizational Change Management Senior Associate - Fall 2019
at Grant Thornton International Ltd
Who is Grant Thornton?
Grant Thornton is a collaborative, entrepreneurial firm on the move! As part of a dynamic, global organization of more than 42,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world's leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenue in excess of $1.56 billion and operates 58 offices across the United States with more than 565 partners and 8,000 employees.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly and privately held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically – whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
We are committed to capitalizing on our strengths and serving dynamic organizations that share our values and drive. Our global values of collaboration, leadership, excellence, agility, respect, and responsibility (“CLEARR”) guide our behaviors and fuel our ambition to be the firm that makes a difference every day.
We provide companies with the guidance that they need to help run their businesses, establish robust internal controls, use information effectively and improve performance. These services include compliance, consulting services, information technology solutions, forensic accounting and investigative services, recovery and reorganization, tax preparation, and valuation, to name a few.
Grant Thornton's Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients.
Why become an Organizational Change Management Senior Associate?
Within our Operations Transformation service line, sits our Organizational Change Management (OCM) group. Senior Associates in this group will assist our clients during various transformation initiatives and will gain exposure to various areas of the practice by participating as an active member on consulting projects by becoming an integral part of the delivery teams. As an Organizational Change Management Senior Associate your primary responsibility will be executing high quality projects and services from beginning to end under the supervision of experienced Organizational Change Management leadership. You will be responsible for efficiently managing your workload to budget and learning how to apply technical skills across our various solutions. Additional responsibilities may include:
Key engagement opportunities specific to OCM include, but are not limited to:
- Technology implementations
- Program development and implementation
- Business Process Re-engineering
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate policy deployment and training
- Other duties as assigned
What are we looking for in a Senior Associate?
Interested candidates should display an affinity for learning and problem-solving skills as well as have the adaptability to work cross-functionally within the Business Consulting service line and the Organizational Change Management practice. Interested candidates should be self-starters and should demonstrate strength in or a desire to build skills related to Grant Thornton's core values of: Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, MIS, Supply Chain, Management or Organizational Development/Change Management; preference for minors in Communications and Psychology. MBA required.
- Major and overall minimum GPA (preference) of 3.2/4.0
- Ability to travel 75%-100% as required
- Ability to think independently, maintain a professional demeanor, and a willingness to work in a collaborative environment.
- Prefer 2-6 years of experience in business analysis, engineering, management consulting or equivalent
- Must be detail-oriented, have the ability to work according to schedules and work plans, willingness to ask good questions and request help as needed.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work additional hours to meet aggressive deadlines as needed.
- Effective listening and comprehension skills.
- Must be willing to take initiative, be proactive on engagements, and be decisive.
- Ability to analyze large sets of data and communicate findings to others.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Visio, Word, Excel, and Project).
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels.
- Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements.
- Ability to adjust to shifting priorities.
Organizational Change Management Senior Associates are exposed to various projects across multiple solutions, allowing the Associates to discover the advisory services most suited to their skills and interests. Senior Associates can expect to work closely with other staff, managers, and partners on all phases of the engagement lifecycle including planning, engagement management, and project wrap up. In addition, Senior Associates are expected to actively contribute to business growth by identifying business development opportunities, participating in marketing and brand initiatives and assisting with development of Grant Thornton thought leadership.
Grant Thornton LLP provides both local and national training programs related to an individual's job responsibilities. We are committed to ongoing professional development and we encourage individuals to attend outside training seminars.
Grant Thornton LLP offers an outstanding opportunity for career growth and development, an attractive compensation and incentive program, generous benefits including immediate participation in our 401(k) plan, and a flexible work environment that offers individual enrichment opportunities in a team environment.
It is Grant Thornton's policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.