Grant Thornton International Ltd
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Risk Advisory Services Senior Associate - Fall 2019
at Grant Thornton International Ltd
Who is Grant Thornton?
Grant Thornton is a collaborative, entrepreneurial firm on the move! As part of a dynamic, global organization of more than 42,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world's leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenue in excess of $1.56 billion and operates 58 offices across the United States with more than 565 partners and 8,000 employees.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly and privately held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically – whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
We are committed to capitalizing on our strengths and serving dynamic organizations that share our values and drive. Our global values of collaboration, leadership, excellence, agility, respect, and responsibility (“CLEARR”) guide our behaviors and fuel our ambition to be the firm that makes a difference every day.
We provide companies with the guidance that they need to help run their businesses, establish robust internal controls, use information effectively and improve performance. These services include compliance, consulting services, information technology solutions, forensic accounting and investigative services, recovery and reorganization, tax preparation, and valuation, to name a few.
Grant Thornton's Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients.
What are Risk Advisory Services (RAS)?
The digitization of currencies, transactions, relationships, experiences and assets has transformed entire industries. Cyber capabilities extend your borders and reach, creating new customers, business partners, avenues of access, methods of innovation and forms of value. At the same time, ongoing disruption in the marketplace and in the competitive and regulatory landscape presents continually evolving strategic, operational, financial and other risks.
To move forward in this challenging environment, many management teams are turning to advisers like Grant Thornton LLP for broader industry and business perspectives and proven experience to assist them with developing and implementing their risk management programs.
Dynamic organizations embrace risk
Grant Thornton Risk Advisory Services professionals are ready to help you identify and protect key assets while transforming risk into a driver of growth in your organization. Risk-adept management teams effectively:
- Predict through deploying advanced analytic tools, technologies and processes to anticipate and address risks before they become problems.
- Prepare by embracing broader, deeper, holistic approaches that place risks in a strategic context and empower improved decision making.
- Protect by establishing sustainable lines of defense firmly linked to business strategy.
- Manage by optimizing the compliance function with people, processes and technologies that incorporate risk management best practices for the industry.
- Respond by preparing for the unexpected with finely tuned, frequently tested in-house and external response mechanisms and teams.
Why become a Risk Advisory Services Senior Associate?
Risk Advisory Senior Associates will gain exposure to various areas of the practice by participating as an active member on risk consulting and compliance projects and by becoming an integral part of the delivery teams. As a Risk Advisory Senior Associate your primary responsibility will be executing high quality projects and services from beginning to end under the supervision of experienced leadership. You will be responsible for efficiently managing your workload to budget and learning how to apply technical skills across our various solutions. As a Risk Advisory Senior Associate you'll have opportunities to build client relationships by developing a deep understanding of our clients' businesses and deliver value through your insight and quality work. In addition, you'll focus on continuously developing your technical and professional skills to grow and expand your role in the Risk Advisory Services practice. Additional responsibilities may include:
- Performing detailed analysis to identify and assess compliance or opportunities for improvement, documenting conclusions, and providing recommendations
- Utilizing and continuously learning new technologies to collaborate with team members and enhance service delivery
- Utilizing various data collection techniques, selecting appropriate method and prioritization to fit project objectives and deliverables, and applying established analytical models to evaluate data, costs and benefits
- Assisting in strategic planning that integrates multiple client organizations including finance, marketing, IT and business operations and supports the organization's strategy and operational plans
- Assisting in project implementations that effectively and efficiently meet business objectives and ensure a return on investment
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality
- Support client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, organizing, conducting, directing, and completing RAS projects and services and managing projects to budget
- Oversee and perform data and document intensive financial analysis and conduct research and investigative data analysis
- Work closely with engagement teams and manage and conduct forensic accounting procedures on multiple engagements concurrently
- Assemble, maintain, and finalize working papers with minimal supervision
- Work closely with partners and staff on client management, practice development, and business development processes
- Assist management with proposals and business development
- Other duties as assigned
What are we looking for in a Senior Associate?
As a Senior Associate, you will focus primarily on developing the foundational skillsets for becoming a professional management consultant. This will occur through delivery of client engagements and contributing to the capability of the firm. Senior Associates build competencies in relationship management, project management, and facilitation. You will learn methodologies and toolsets for analysis, problem solving and logical information design.
Interested candidates should display an affinity for learning and problem-solving skills as well as have the adaptability to work cross-functionally within the Risk Advisory service line. Interested candidates should be self-starters and should demonstrate strength in or a desire to build skills related to Grant Thornton's core values of: Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree or MBA preferred
- Major and overall minimum GPA of 3.5/4.0
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization)
- Assist practice leadership in creating proposals, budgets, and work plans
- Participate in other business development activities as appropriate.
- Client related travel required for some projects
- Prefer 3-6 years of experience in business analysis, engineering, management consulting or equivalent
- Must be able to demonstrate creative problem solving skills, critical thinking aptitude, and experience with data modeling and/or process mapping.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills with experience working in cross-functional teams.
- Must be intellectually curious and motivated to develop professionally, including pursuit and attainment of industry recognized professional certifications.
- Effective project and time management skills for handling multiple priorities and simultaneous projects
- Enthusiasm to learn through a combination of structured, on-the-job and self-directed training
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a complex team environment
Risk Advisory Senior Associates are exposed to various projects across multiple solutions, allowing the Senior Associates to discover the advisory services most suited to their skills and interests. Senior Associates can expect to work closely with other staff, managers, and partners on all phases of the engagement lifecycle including planning, engagement management, and project wrap up. In addition, Senior Associates are expected to actively contribute to business growth by identifying business development opportunities, participating in marketing and brand initiatives and assisting with development of Grant Thornton thought leadership.
Grant Thornton LLP provides both local and national training programs related to an individual's job responsibilities. We are committed to ongoing professional development and we encourage individuals to attend outside training seminars.
Grant Thornton LLP offers an outstanding opportunity for career growth and development, an attractive compensation and incentive program, generous benefits including immediate participation in our 401(k) plan, and a flexible work environment that offers individual enrichment opportunities in a team environment.
It is Grant Thornton's policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.