Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Landscape Architect
at HDR, inc.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is looking for an energetic, team-oriented, creative landscape architect to join our Site Design Studio in Chicago. Our design teams work with a diverse range of clients to create vibrant places ranging from urban parks, plazas and streetscapes to health, education, science and technology campuses. The successful candidate would augment and collaborate with a growing team of designers in the following capacity.
Work Responsibilities Include:
- Leadership on zoning and site plan approvals, public hearings, site programming, and design implementation of master plans
- Lead development of site design projects, from concept development through construction documentation
- Create illustrative concept drawings using 3D and 2D digital illustration tools, free-hand drawing and color rendering
- Provide construction administration services including field observation of landscape installation and plant selection
- Collaborate with architects, planners, engineers and other site-based disciplines on commercial and institutionally-scaled design and planning projects
- 10 years of professional experience working as a landscape architect
- Strong planning and design skills on urban and institutionally-scaled projects
- Collaborative experience working within a multi-disciplinary design studio
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Sketchup, Rhino and Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of plant materials, terminology and planting design in urban settings
- Experience with the full range of planning and design phases including site analysis, community and site planning, conceptual development, grading, construction documentation and observation
- Excellent communication, time management, graphic and organizational skills
- Bachelor's or master's degree in landscape architecture from an accredited university
- Registered landscape architect and urban designer with Chicago experience preferred.
- Interested candidates should respond with job application, resume and portfolio of recent work samples (via web-based link).
Why HDRAt HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.