Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Thermite Welder (Midwest)
at Holland L.P.
HTG - Holland Thermite Group
Holland LP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, citizen status, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, sex, marital status, military status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local employment laws or regulations in every location in which the company has facilities.
To assist thermite foreman with all functions related to providing quality thermite rail welding services to the customers of Holland. Work under railroad’s MOW/safety rules and procedures, in conjunction with Holland company safety program to ensure company goal are exceeded. Be the first point of contact with customers in field operations. Position will be responsible for maintaining company’s equipment and fill in for foreman in their absence.
- Perform all Welder responsibilities.
- Work in full compliance and procedures of the Holland company safety program to ensure a safe working environment
- Complete all necessary paperwork associated with thermite welding
- Maintain and troubleshoot equipment to complete state of readiness and minimize equipment downtime
- Train employees in quality procedures and safety programs
- Assume foreman position in their absence
- Knows and understands process of thermite welding
- Set up and break down thermite work locations
- Knows and understands railroad specific MOW and safety rules related to job task
- Possess the ability to train upcoming personnel
- Standing, walking, bending, and work safely on rough uneven surfaces or terrain
- Ability to lift & carry up to 50 pounds frequently
- Audio and Visual acuity
- Ability to climb a steep ladder frequently
- Exposure on a regular basis to outdoor weather conditions
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Successfully complete all pre-employment screenings
- Maintain all certifications
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must obtain a Class A Commercial Driver’s License within one (1) year of hire date
- Basic understanding of mechanical systems
- Good interpersonal skills
- Satisfactory completion of company training programs
- Travel up to 100% includes ground, rail & air travel
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Management reserves the right to revise this job description at any time to add or remove tasks as circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
About the Company…
Holland L.P. is a $275mm organization headquartered in Crete, IL. We have over 1,200 employees who provide a variety of contract services within the railroad industry in North America. We strive to set industry standards for both our service expertise and our equipment in fulfilling our mission outlined in our slogan, A Rail Solutions Partnership Unlike Any Other. In addition, Holland designs and manufactures equipment and products for utilization by our railroad customers, both domestically and internationally. Our leadership decisions are guided by our core values, which are: Respect, Family, Partnership, Improvement and Integrity. Holland Company is wholly-owned by The Curran Group, a privately-held holding company located in Crystal Lake, IL.