Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Carrier Marketing Manager
at Huawei Canada
# of openings:
Why work for us?
Named by Fast Company Magazine as one of the 5 most innovative technology companies in the world, Huawei Technologies provides working climate that promotes high-performance through:
- #1 World wide Telecom Vendor
- #2 World wide Smartphone Vendor
- 83rd of Fortune Global 500 list
- 180,000 + Full time employees worldwide, 80,000 + contractors
- Revenues in excess of $92 billion USD (2017)
- 68th on Interbrand Best Global Brand ranking
Are you passionate about mobile phones and the telecom industry? Do you want to join a winning organization that is pioneering mobile technologies around the globe? This is your opportunity to join Huawei Canada’s Mobile Device team today!
Consumer Business Group at Huawei Canada is rapidly expanding, and at present we have an exciting full time opportunity for a Carrier Marketing Manager position based in Markham, Ontario, Canada.
Establish strong relationships within the Canadian wireless carrier & retailer marketing organizations to develop and execute from end to end all joint carrier/retailer marketing and branding initiatives (carrier advertising & sponsorship programs, carrier retail and website and other communication types like PR and Social Media) with the goal to maximize the brand and product visibility across all carrier and retailer channels. The role will also be responsible for the planning, tracking, securing proof of activity and performance for all marketing initiatives involving their partners. This is a 12 month contract position to start with the potential of full time employment. The incumbent will report to the Director of Marketing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Marketing, Brand, Device, Digital and Merchandising primes within each Canadian Carrier (Director level & below) to develop/execute programs that drive visibility of the HUAWEI brand and products and quarterly sales.
- Work with the Director of Marketing to create an ongoing plan for each key channel on how the HUAWEI brand/products will be showcased in the carrier stores, website and in the carrier campaigns and promotions.
- Work closely with the internal Marketing team and Sales Operations to ensure flawless execution and communication on every element of the initiatives. This role is the ‘keeper’ of the corporate brand approach & guidelines within the Carrier and to ensure the consistency all assets.
- Manage all elements relating to marketing & branding execution in the specific carrier and ensure all applicable HUAWEI processes are adhered to in an appropriate manner. This will involve the crafting of promotion and sales summaries and the completion of post analysis.
- This role will work for the designated Director of Marketing and take direction from that individual to maximize sales opportunities within the customers.
- Attend, organize & participate in designated HUAWEI events & trade shows where required
- Conduct contract negotiations with Carriers, Retailers and marketing related vendors & suppliers, if needed and under the guidance of the Director of Marketing.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (Refers to the job, not the incumbent)
Education and/or Certifications/Licensures: Bachelor’s Degree
Relevant Work Experience:
At least (3-4) three to four years of marketing, channel or device management experience in the telecommunication or retail industry
Skills (Technical or General):
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Superior business acumen & proven consultative skill set
- Strong team player with the ability to manage within the confines of a corporate process/ procedures
- Self starter & problem solver
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to prepare & give presentations to client and internal audiences through Powerpoint
- Ability and mindset to balance customer interface and internal process administrative work
- Excellent Excel skills
Must be able to lift/ carry promotional materials and samples, move about the office and operate a computer in a normal manner. In addition, must have access to their own vehicle to travel locally to channels/ Carriers and meet partners. Also,must be able to travel by air when required.
WORKING CONDITIONS (relates to physical environment):
Standard indoor office environment. Must be able to travel 25 – 50% of the time
POSITION TYPICALLY REPORTS TO (title of immediate supervisor/manager):
Director of Marketing
POSITION INTERACTS WITH (indicate internal and external contacts):
Carrier Marketing, Brand & Device managers & Directors; Retailer Marketing & Channel Managers & Directors; Huawei Marketing team; Huawei Executives; Huawei Legal & Contract team; Sales Coordinator; Sales Operations team
We thank all candidates for their interest in a career with Huawei Technologies; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.