Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Sales
at Huawei Canada
# of openings:
Director of Sales
Huawei offers products and services in more than 170 countries, serving a third of the world’s population. As one of Huawei’s three primary business units, Huawei Consumer Business Group is the world’s third-biggest smartphone maker, delivering a superior user experience on its world-class lineup of smartphones, PC and tablets, wearables and cloud services, etc.
With 16 R&D centers in Canada, Germany, Sweden, Russia, India, and China, Huawei opens up new possibilities for consumers through innovations in mobility, built on more than 20 years of industry-leadership in the global telecommunications market.
At present we have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Sales (for PC), based in Markham, ON, Canada. This position is a full-time permanent role and will report directly to the VP of Sales & Channel.
- Selling In:
- Build, maintain, and strengthen customer relationships to build strategic partnerships with distributor, carrier, and retailer (s) and maximize placement of company products
- Manage complex sales situation; proactively conduct strategic account reviews with all assigned customers on a regular basis to review needs and trends.
- Collaborate with all departments and take full ownership of the end-to-end sales cycle and CRM activities
- Responsible for organization’s revenue and contribution profit targets specific to the assigned account
Sell Out & Sell Through
- Collaborate with internal and external channel teams to develop and execute channel strategy and programs at 2C & 2B channels to meet sell through goals and objectives
- Collaborate with internal and external marketing teams to develop and execute above-the-line and below-the-line marketing programs to promote sales
- Market Analysis
- Regularly and systematically provide analysis for the PC market in Canada (4P - price, product, promotion, and place)
- Channel Sales
- Proactively manage relationships with carrier and channel partners to sell and support Huawei’s portfolio of PC products
- Target key channels to drive channel partners to maximize sales and total partnership potential through sales best practices, training and support
- Drive PC sales within the assigned territory, and serves as liaison between Huawei and carrier channel partners; manage relationship and overall performance of the field team
- Develop, analyze and report on insights on competitive products, marketing and emerging strategies
- Work with marketing to drive programs and events to strengthen collaboration with channel partners
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, product seminars and trade shows
- Maintain cutting-edge knowledge of new product offerings, competitive issues and selling techniques
- Achieve sales and quota objectives to ensure growth and profitability of the PC portfolio in the assigned territory
- Work with the product management team to create plans for each key channel on how the Huawei brand/ devices will be showcased in the stores, online and in the Carrier programs including sponsorship and other joint-marketing initiatives
- Manage all elements relating to marketing & pricing and ensure all applicable Huawei processes are adhered to in an appropriate manner
- Solid understanding of Canadian PC industry
- Bachelor degree required; MBA an asset
- 10+ years of experience in B2B sales/ business development capacity for PC products
- Work experience in PC industry with track record of success, and/or experience working with distributors, channels, and retailers (both online and offline)
- Knowledge of applicable laws / legislations/ legal compliance requirements related to sales of PC products in Canadian market
- A strongly motivated self-starter with a positive attitude and perseverance
- Possess ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and multicultural environment
- Ability to forecast both internal and external risks for PC products
- Excellent written & verbal communication, negotiation, and presentation skills for proposing, presenting and discussing solutions with C-level decision-makers
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Superior time management and project management skills