Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Huawei Canada
# of openings:
Why work for us?
Named by Fast Company Magazine as one of the 5 most innovative technology companies in the world, Huawei Technologies provides working climate that promotes high-performance through:
- #1 World wide Telecom Vendor
- #2 World wide Smartphone Vendor
- 83rd of Fortune Global 500 list
- 180,000 + Full time employees worldwide, 80,000 + contractors
- Revenues in excess of $92 billion USD (2017)
- 68th on Interbrand Best Global Brand ranking
Are you passionate about mobile phones and the telecom industry? Do you want to join a winning organization that is pioneering mobile technologies around the globe? This is your opportunity to join Huawei Canada’s Mobile Device team today!
Consumer Business Group at Huawei Canada is rapidly expanding, and at present we have an exciting full time, permanent opportunity for a Media Manager position based in Markham, Ontario, Canada.
The Media Manager is responsible for developing and executing effective advertising campaigns in national and local media channels including both mainstream and multicultural media. The Media Manager is responsible for setting the bar for strategic and creative thinking in all media planning and buying services. As part of the Marketing team the Media Manager will work with the local and region marketing team and the agencies to define and execute our media strategy. The Media Manager will be a key information source for all media vendor contacts.
· Ensure strong negotiation resulting in breakthrough, efficient and effective media deals. Identify unique media buying opportunities. Negotiate directly with vendors on occasion. Make decisions regarding spending levels and placement tactics.
· Pursue significant business opportunities and added-value programs via media partnerships. Infuse the media program with innovation and strategic vision.
· Manage media budgets and execution of authorized plans, purchase orders and media payments. Approve advertising billing and invoices for payment. Communicate with agencies and outside vendors for billing issues and dispute resolution.
· Maintain accurate spending forecasts and update as needed; manage all activity for media budget tracking.
· Foster productive relationships with media buying firms, agencies creative/multicultural/digital, internal brand teams and cross-functional partners, as well as sales representatives from key media outlets.
· Advise marketing management on development of media policies to ensure maximum effectiveness. Work with Market Research, agencies and brand teams to optimize return on investment for media planning and advertising management.
· Monitor the media marketplace to stay abreast of trends, identify opportunities and emerging issues, and understand new technologies and consumer reaction.
· Manage the media planning and buying processes, including identifying or maximizing strong marketing opportunities with other managers in PR, Online Marketing, Consumer Promotions and Retailer Co-Marketing.
· Build annual media plans and make subsequent plan revisions for multiple segments, brands, marketing programs and new initiatives.
· Provide significant input into all media mix discussions and analysis.
· Manage media agency in the development and execution of media plans, from recommended purchase through post analysis. Act as primary contact with media agencies: manage day-to-day relationship and supervise their work.
· Analyze results of media efforts and develop measures of success. Ensure programs result in highest possible levels of business benefit.
· Oversee all media vendor relationships, media negotiations, and contractual agreements, partnering with other managers where appropriate.
· Develop best practices for media planning and buying processes, competitive media analysis, media cost and performance benchmarks, and media effectiveness. Provide tools and training to ensure brand teams and agencies apply best practices. Set and monitor media cost and performance benchmarks with agencies.
Qualifications and Experience:
· University degree preferably in Marketing/Advertising
· Minimum 6 - 8 years related experience (Media agency is an asset)
· Significant experience in media industry
· Success representing media strategies on cross-functional teams developing strategies and tactics for integrated marketing plans
· Experience managing an International Media agency
· Demonstrated analytical and conceptual problem-solving ability
· Strong negotiation skills
· Demonstrated strength in leadership and management
· Significant knowledge of the Canadian media landscape
· Ability to undertake activities with minimal to no direction (works autonomously)
· Ability to manage a variety of projects at the same time (multi-tasking)
Huawei Technologies endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Accommodations@Huawei.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
We thank all candidates for their interest in a career with Huawei Technologies; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.