Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Architect/Engineer for R&D (AI/Machine Learning)
at Huawei Canada
# of openings:
Huawei Canada is looking for experienced technical leaders to join the Heterogeneous Compiler Lab, based in Markham, Ontario. The Lab's mission is to leverage innovative programming technologies to improve the performance of Huawei products—from 5G network equipment to mobile phones, and from smart home appliances to cloud services—as well as the productivity of developers in the Huawei ecosystem. To achieve these goals, we conduct research and development in a variety of areas including, but not limited to, compilers, language runtimes, IoT platforms, machine learning systems, and concurrent/distributed programming frameworks.
We are looking for talented, motivated individuals who can tackle challenging problems and contribute to the development of software tools that exploit hardware acceleration to improve machine learning efficiency. The successful candidate should have strong programming skills in addition to a solid understanding of machine learning workloads.
- Design, develop, and test high-level language compiler and programming framework for custom AI hardware.
- Exploit hardware architectures (e.g. TPU/GPU) for machine learning acceleration.
- Analyze and optimize software system performance, and assist with software/hardware co-design.
- Liaise with customers, analyze project requirements, and estimate work sizings.
- Lead a team of developers to develop proof-of-concepts and explore new ideas.
- Mentor junior developers through education sessions and code reviews.
- Research industry trends and paradigms, and propose new technical directions for the Lab.
- Minimum 5 years of experience programming in large software projects with one of the following: C++, C, or Java.
- Experience with existing machine learning frameworks, e.g. TensorFlow, Caffe, MxNet, NNVM, TVM.
- In-depth knowledge of artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms.\
- Proficiency with software development tools and concepts such as source control, bug tracking, etc.
- Master's degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Advanced knowledge of discrete mathematics.
- Working knowledge of processor architecture and hardware accelerators such as GPUs and FPGAs.
- Experience in compiler construction, programming language design, or systems programming.
- Experience contributing to open-source projects, and demonstrated influence in the open community.
- Working knowledge of agile methodologies.
We thank all applicants for their interest in career opportunities with Huawei. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.