Hub International Limited
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hub International Limited
The Applications Architect is a newly-created position in response to HUB International recent commitment in managing its master data assets across all functions. This is a hands on role who will be responsible for the design, support and governance of HUB Internationals Master Data Management standard and architecture. This would include the architecture utilized to support the associated ongoing data governance initiative.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Articulate the current architectural vision, conceptualizing and experimenting with alternative architectural approaches, creating models and component and interface specification documents, and validating the architecture against requirements and assumptions. Provides guidance, leadership and expertise to define solutions architecture and strategies at all levels of DG/MDM & BI reporting and analytics factoring required high performance and scalability.
- Serve as the MDM subject matter expert to ensure the technology continues to enable the data governance program at HUB International.
- Serve as a key technology representative on the data governance program office review board.
- Contribute to the data governance program office by enabling work such as defining architectural design, data standards, developing data management processes, ensuring meta-data is documented within the MDM system and other activities supporting the HUB International data governance initiative.
- Work closely with various departments across the enterprise in maintaining architectural standards and in implementing business rules the will support the data governance initiative at HUB International while managing any known architectural issues.
- Serve as the technical lead in establishing the MDM discipline and data architecture across the enterprise while working closely with the DGPO to ensure information governance standards and processes are followed.
- Design, create, refine, deploy and manage the organization's data architecture including the end-to-end vision for data and how the data will flow from system to system. He or she will also need to be able to address issues around and including meta-data strategy, data migration and data dictionaries.
- Assume a lead role in major MDM technical deployments and integration (system implementations, system upgrades, refactoring of legacy systems, etc.).
- Provide technical expertise and counsel to functional domain leads, business technology management, PMO and other HUB internal partners including any external third parties or vendors.
- Work in partnership with Data Governance Lead to define, design and develop data assessments and data cleanups as needed including monitoring ongoing Key Performance Indicators supporting the progress of the data governance initiative.
Education and Experience
- Requires a BS or equivalent experience (MS preferred) in a technical / engineering degree program.
- Requires 6 or more years of database development work with experience in Data Warehousing and BI reporting environment.
- Strong familiarity with insurance brokerage management systems preferred coupled with at least 5 years Master Data Management experience or tools and eager learner who strives to stay abreast of new trends and solutions in master data and data quality. Capable of bringing new solution opportunities to the attention of HUB IT leadership.
- Solid experience with designing and implementing Master Data, Data Quality solutions and data architecture structures.
- Ability to understand client data and analysis and develop architectural design or recommendations from these insights.
- Experience with various data integration/ETL, application integration, business process integration and user interface integration. Expert level working knowledge of dimensional modeling, data tools and processes; experience with relational, multi-dimensional and other types of databases (NOSQL) and dimensional modeling.
- Knowledge of leading data governance practices as well as experience with data mapping, data conversion and data cleansing.
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server DBMS, SSIS and overall relational database development experience.
- Strong conceptual, logical and physical architecture design experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with great interpersonal dispositions and communication skills.
Skills and Qualifications – Desirable
- Experience within the insurance industry and/or related broker management products.
- Experience managing and supporting MDM products such as VisionWare.
- Knowledge with designing, supporting and/or experience implementing an Enterprise Service Bus.
- Experience with all aspects of typical master data domains (especially customer, products, carrier and vendor) as well as a good grasp of the transactional capabilities they support and the cross functional implications of an enterprise Agency Brokerage Management Systems.
- Strong understanding of configuring machine learning algorithms based on complex analytic data models used in source applications.
- Strong technical leadership and experience with orchestrating and delivering complex master data projects, including gap analysis and strategic roadmap/blueprint development, from inception through implementation.
- Prior vendor management experience.