Hub International Limited
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hub International Limited
The Applications Developer is a newly-created position in response to HUB International recent commitment in managing its master data assets across all functions. This is a hands on role who will be responsible for the development and support of HUB Internationals Master Data Management business rule and workflows. This would include supporting the integration and data quality measurements for new data acquisitions into the Master Data management infrastructure.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the architecture team to develop integration scripts that align with the architectural vision while upholding best practices. Assist in all design session including model and code reviews.
- Support MDM Architect as MDM subject matter experts to ensure the technology is used as an enabler as part of the data governance program at HUB International.
- Responsible for all MDM development work (workflow, scripts, stewarding modules, data profiling, cleansing, merging, matching, linkages, survivorship, data integration, UI, UE, data mapping, data transformation, reports, and trouble-shooting daily operations demands or production issues) and act as liaison with Data Owners, Data Stewards, Attributes Owners and IT Systems Owners.
- Create and maintain integration design documents and unit test plans for all data sources that will be integrated into the infrastructure.
- Work with internal business users to develop reporting dashboards or score cards metric that are supported with business rules to measure the overall progress of data governance program.
- Provide insight to internal business partners on new data acquisitions through data profiling and discovery activities.
- Create and maintain production support manuals to be used for ongoing support activities.
- Support production deployment processes and pave the way for process efficiencies moving forward to help better support HUB International business partners.
- Maintain current skillsets by keeping abreast of various research surrounding technical trends, new development and industry standards.
Education and Experience
- Requires a BS or equivalent experience in a technical / engineering degree program.
- Requires 5 or more years of SSIS integration experience including database development work (SQL Server preferred) with experience in Data Warehousing and BI reporting environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with great interpersonal dispositions and communication skills.
- Experience designing web services for data integration.
- Experience in the design and development of business intelligence dashboards preferably Pentaho and/or Tableau.
Skills and Qualifications – Desirable
- Experience within the insurance industry and/or related broker management products
- Experience managing and supporting any MDM products or BizTalk.
- Working knowledge of integration patterns with web services.
- Knowledge and experience working with NoSQL DBMS, XML, WebServices.
- Supporting and/or experience implementing an Enterprise Service Bus.