Hub International Limited
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SVP, Small Group
at Hub International Limited
HUB International Limited is an insurance brokerage providing an array of worldwide brokerage services including property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment, and wealth management products and services. HUB has more than 300 offices across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico with more than 8,000 employees. We are a company dedicated to superior customer service with employees committed to adding value to every client activity.
HUB International is honored to be recognized among Orange County’s “Top Workplaces 2015” as awarded by The Orange County Register.
This position, Senior Vice President, Small Group, is responsible for leading the development and execution of individual and small group growth, retention and service strategies in close collaboration with local and regional leadership teams in the field. Creating and implementing best practices, developing senior carrier relationships, evaluating the creation of service centers and leveraging technology will be core components of the job. In addition, this position is also responsible carrier override optimization and developing a PEO strategy. This position will report directly to the National President of Employee Benefits.
- Lead, plan, coordinate, monitor, evaluate, and oversee the growth and service strategies for our individual and small group segment
- Work collaboratively with P&C leaders on cross selling strategies
- Evaluate the creation of alternative risk products under an MGA or MGU structure
- Work closely with marketing on go-to-market strategies aimed at producing leads
- Evaluate and present new distribution strategies for small group
- Perform market segmentation analysis (micro small group versus traditional versus “up market” small group)
- Determine if we should continue or expand our small group outsourcing strategy
- Identify ways to leverage our GA business more broadly
- Keep abreast of pertinent changes in regulations, rules and standards, industry trends and developments, and so forth
- Monitor, assimilate and share implications of industry business trends (carrier, broker, technology, etc…)
- Confer regularly with Field leadership to plan, coordinate, and evaluate systems/programs/activities, resolve problems, assist with unusual or difficult tasks, assign and review work, and the like
- Review losses and loss trends
- Represent the company to and work regularly with a wide variety of outside firms, organizations and individuals
- Perform other duties or special projects as required or as assigned
- Serve on management and EB executive staff committees as necessary
- Attend and make appropriate presentations in meetings to executive teams
- Confer regularly with senior management and executive board to plan, coordinate and evaluate goals/objectives/programs/services/ operating systems, investigate and resolve problems, and exchange information
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
- 10+ years of insurance industry experience
- Life and health license
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent leadership, planning, time/project management, fiscal and personnel management skills
- Superior analytical, negotiation and communication (written & verbal) skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to represent the company to, and work effectively & collaboratively with, a wide range of outside firms, organizations as well as with company management and staff at all levels
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment, effectively handling multiple priorities
Join the HUB International team and watch your career grow! We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including: • Medical/dental coverage • Retirement Plan with 50% company match (first 6% of contribution) • Vacation/holiday pay • Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts • And much more!
HUB International is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V