Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hu-Friedy is the gold standard in dental instrumentation. Accolades such as "Manufacturing Marvel," "National Best and Brightest" and a feature in the "Wall Street Journal" for our innovation in training represent the excellence that is Hu-Friedy. A global industry leader, we are committed to employee engagement and development, diversity and inclusion, wellness and social responsibility. We have a commitment to continuously developing our team and to promoting from within whenever possible.
Our well-defined culture has strongly impacted the prosperity of our company. Our core values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Excellence, Reliability and Social Responsibility are evident in daily life at Hu-Friedy and continue to shape the success of our business.
Our 10,000 dental instruments and products are sold in over 100 countries, and we have close to 1000 employees representing and growing our brand around the world. We currently have offices in Frankfurt, Milan, Shanghai and Tokyo, and a sales force across 30 different countries.
We are currently seeking a CAD Drafter/Designer to be based at our manufacturing facility in Chicago.
This position provides CAD and drafting support for new and existing products as well as support manufacturing process when needed. Provide support to the Engineers and Associate Director, R&D from prototype to full production for engineering drawings and specifications including design layouts, component and assembly drawings, and final production specifications. Maintaining engineering drawing databases and support the engineering change process through updating existing and creating new documentation.
- Creating new and updating existing CAD drawings in Autocad and Solidworks
- Participate as a member of the product development team, interact with interdisciplinary teams in various projects to help develop and document new products, line extensions or product feature enhancements.
- Perform component and assembly drawing layouts. Ensure documentation standards are met for all new and existing products prior to market introduction.
- Support the engineering change process support function. Track and act on engineering drawing and specification change requests in a timely manner. Maintain product drawings through use of SolidWorks PDM system.
- Setup and measure components for documentation on a comparator (shadow graph system, digital optical comparator, etc.)
- Initiate engineering change orders and manage implementation of revised documents through to release in document control system
- Provide detailing and drawing expertise to product management and external vendors.
Functional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
This position requires an individual with:
- Level 1: 1-5 years experience in a technical CAD drafting position
- Level 2: 5+ years experience in a technical CAD drafting position
- 2 year college degree in technical drafting or equivalent experience
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, CAD (AutoCAD and Solidworks)
Hu-Friedy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here .