Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
College Relations Manager, Internship Programming
at IES Abroad
- Recruiting and Advising
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Full Time
Status: Full-time, non-exempt
Schedule: [M-F, 8.30a.m. 4.30p.m Central Time, including occasional evening and weekend work and occasional travel based on seasonal needs/position requirements.
Reports to: Senior College Relations Manager, Internship Programming
Direct reports: None
Start date: ASAP
Everything we do is about the IES Abroad student. Our profoundly passionate team of study abroad professionals believes in creating once-in-a-lifetime educational adventures that transcend expectations. Our goal is to rock the world of some 9,500 study abroad students every year.
From our headquarters in Chicago to our 400+ study abroad programs in 85 global locations worldwide, we create authentic global education and life-affirming cultural experiences. We work at IES Abroad because we believe that every student should have the opportunity to go abroad - especially in a fun, safe, and superior academic and cultural environment.
We believe so strongly in the power of our program, that we actively recruit students from diverse populations and provide more than $5 million in scholarships year after year. We are proud that our students are as diverse and exciting as the countries we study.
We're not ashamed to admit, we're a little bit obsessed with study abroad.
Summary of position:
The College Relations Manager (CRM) for internship programming is responsible for three primary functions: to recruit students to apply and attend IES Abroad internship programs; to provide top quality pre-departure advising, preparation, and service for IES Abroad internship students; and to develop high quality working relationships with departments and offices at U.S. colleges and universities that promote student internships.
- Establish and/or develop relationships with advisors, administrators, and faculty at U.S. colleges and universities
- Provide high quality support and service to sending institutions
- Recruit student applicants and enrollees
- Serve as students' (prospective and post-admittance) advisor and main IES Abroad's contact
- Serve as the departmental expert on specific IES Abroad internship programs
- Serve as an analyst for internship enrollment trends in designated region
- Serve as creative strategist to develop new approaches for reaching targeted recruitment and college relations goals
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position
- Other duties and projects as assigned or required
Experience & Qualifications/Skills:
- Experience in the field of career services, study abroad or related experience in higher education preferred
- Strong leadership aptitude and entrepreneurial drive
- Experience in sales or customer relationship management
- Skilled in handling stressful situations, i.e., advising anxious students and parents
- High level of enthusiasm, flexibility and diplomacy
- Passion for embracing business process improvement opportunities
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prepare and present effective presentations
- Talent for organizing and prioritizing multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to handle/manage high call and email volume
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and database literacy
- Exceptional team player: proactive and responsible, with the ability to learn rapidly
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
How to Apply:
All applicants should submit an application including cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by clicking 'Apply Now' at the right hand side of this page.
Please visit www.IESabroad.org/jobs for more information about working at IES Abroad.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
IES Abroad is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We strive to treat people with respect; fully utilizing employee's abilities and promoting workforce diversity.
We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), disability, age, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation or genetic information or veteran status and/or any other status protected by applicable laws.