Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Temporary Recruiting and Advising Assistant
at IES Abroad
- Recruiting and Advising
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Full Time
Status: Part-time, non-exempt
Schedule: M-F, up to 25 hours per week. Number of hours and days per week will fluctuate depending on seasonal demand.
Reports to: Assistant Director of Advising
Direct reports: None
Start date: ASAP
Location: Chicago, IL
Everything we do is about the IES Abroad student. Our profoundly passionate team of study abroad professionals believes in creating once-in-a-lifetime educational adventures that transcend expectations. Our goal is to rock the world of some 9,500 study abroad students every year.
From our headquarters in Chicago to our 400+ study abroad programs in 85 global locations worldwide, we create authentic global education and life-affirming cultural experiences. We work at IES Abroad because we believe that every student should have the opportunity to go abroad - especially in a fun, safe, and superior academic and cultural environment.
We believe so strongly in the power of our program, that we actively recruit students from diverse populations and provide more than $5 million in scholarships year after year. We are proud that our students are as diverse and exciting as the countries we study.
We're not ashamed to admit, we're a little bit obsessed with study abroad.
Summary of position:
The Recruiting & Advising Department provides support to students, families, and schools throughout the process of selection and application to IES Abroad programs. The Assistant is responsible for initiating communication with prospective applicants to IES Abroad programs, completing data entry related to departmental activities, and supporting projects within the department.
- Enter student information into database
- Contact applicants about their application status
- Provide administrative support on departmental projects such as mailing campaigns and catalog order processing
- Regular and predictable attendance is essential for this position
- Responsible for any other task or duty as assigned
Experience & Qualifications/Skills:
- Administrative work experience, including data entry preferred
- Excellent Excel spreadsheet, Microsoft Office, and database skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of team comprised of Chicago-based and field-based staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Friendly phone presence
- Enthusiasm for study abroad
Education Licenses and/or Certifications etc.:
- High School or equivalent experience required
Open until position is filled.
No phone calls or emailed status inquiries accepted.
Successful candidates will be contacted directly and will be sent the full Job Description.
How to Apply:
All applicants should submit an application including cover letter, resume, and hourly wage requirements by clicking 'Apply Now' at the right hand side of this page.
Please visit www.IESabroad.org/jobs for more information about working at IES Abroad.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
IES Abroad is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We strive to treat people with respect; fully utilizing employee's abilities and promoting workforce diversity.
We are committed to a policy of equal opportunity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), disability, age, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation or genetic information or veteran status and/or any other status protected by applicable laws.