IMI Precision Engineering
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Production Planner
at IMI Precision Engineering
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Supply Chain
- IMI Precision Engineering
Bimba, part of IMI Precision Engineering, is a forward-thinking innovator providing industry-leading pneumatic, hydraulic and electric motion solutions that are easy to use, reliable and ready for all engineering solutions. We are a world leader in motion and fluid control technologies. Wherever precision, speed and engineering reliability are essential, we deliver exceptional solutions which improve the productivity and efficiency of our customers’ equipment. As a business we aim to understand our customers’ challenges. We then connect our products, people and expertise in order to deliver exceptional service and solutions. We call this Engineering GREAT, and we deliver it to customers through a world-class portfolio of high performance products, through close partnerships and problem-solving, and through a global network of support which ensures reliable local delivery, all over the world.
The Senior Production Planner is responsible for developing the master production plan to satisfy the customer demand while carrying the minimum effective inventory. The Senior Production Planner will be responsible to create site master production schedules, and analyze safety stocks and forecasts for daily, weekly, monthly and yearly planning. The Senior Production Planner will lead capacity planning activity, supply and demand planning, short and facilitate make vs. buy processes. Strong collaboration with Sales, Operations, Customer Service and Site Management will be critical to meeting business goals.
- Create a rolling 3-month Master Production Schedule for the designated products, value stream or facility. Utilize the production capacity, taking into consideration the sales forecast, historical sales and new business opportunities. Analyze and identify risks associated with the options built into the Master Production Plan, including manufacturing lead-times.
- Improve overall customer satisfaction to drive business growth based on improvement in quality, service, and reduced lead times, and other key performance metrics
- Facilitate S&OP process to review balance the needs of the customer and operations teams
- Coordinate order status update activity to the Customer Service, Sales and Marketing teams
- Responsible for developing and issuing sequenced and level loaded production schedules in accordance with pull system methods to meet on time delivery and overall equipment effectiveness goals
- Monitor schedule adherence, schedule attainment and other key departmental metrics, and identify gaps and drive solutions, when performance is below the goal.
- Make delivery commitments on MTO products, which involve checking uncommitted material and availability of capacity
- Work with Supply Chain Manager to develop inventory targets and manage production to achieve target inventory levels on both cost and unit basis.
- Maintain finished goods inventory on a quarterly basis to achieve corporate turn targets.
- Perform supply demand analysis each quarter, highlight areas of concern for the next 12 months
- Review planning parameter settings (time fences, MOQs, message alerts, etc.) to ensure planning and material flow is optimized with operational activity
- Coordinate efforts with the Supply Chain and Operations to ensure that serves levels in our Tijuana are met and in conjunction with the KPIs of both facilities
- Work with business operations to support development of common tools, processes and training related to schedule development, integration, analysis and maintenance.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to establish and sustain a Lean culture.
- Performs additional duties are requested or required as necessary to obtain Company goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 5+ years of related work experience in a Production Control/Planning and scheduling environment using an integrated MRP system (Oracle EBS or JDE Preferred).
- 3+ years of progressive experience in a related role, preferably in a discrete manufacturing environment
- High degree of analytical skills related to forecasting and planning.