JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounting Associate in Westmont, IL at JLL
at JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
Our Accounting Associate performs a variety of professional level accounting duties involved in preparing, maintaining, analyzing, verifying, and reconciling financial transactions, statements, records, and reports; maintains the accuracy of the ledgers and financial systems; assists in the preparation of assigned budgets, annual audit, and year end closing; and provides assistance to assigned clients and/or groups.
- Perform month-end and year-end close activities, from balance sheet and cash account reconciliations to financial statement preparation.
- Prepare monthly financial package and submit timely to the Finance & Accounting Manager, for review and approval in order to finalize reporting within the proper time frame for review.
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly property financial statements for a 3 to 4 property portfolio by deadlines established within Client Accounting Services and by external Client. Prepare additional schedules, which are required to support account balances or are specifically required by owners.
- Submit financial statements and work papers in reviewable form (including documentation) and within the proper time frame for review.
- Insure that all bank statements are reconciled on a timely basis and follow-up on all outstanding checks and reconciling items monthly.
- Perform reconciliation and true-up of funding vs. actual expenditures.
- Prepare and properly document journal entries.
- Prepare and track accruals and accrual entries.
- Assist with Budgets and Forecasts as needed.
- Assist with the calculation of fees (i.e. Management and Incentive) as needed.
- Responsible for cash management of assigned properties.
- Ensure compliance with both Jones Lang LaSalle Internal Audit and Client Accounting Services SAS 70 internal review standards
Sound like you? Before you apply its worth knowing what we are looking for:
- A Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of 0-2 years accounting experience
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, advanced user of Excel (charts, pivot tables, lookups)
- Experience with JD Edwards platforms or other real estate financial applications desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Demonstrated consistency in values, principles and work ethic
- Ability to work independently and within a team to build relationships and interact effectively with business partners
- Ability to multitask, work successfully under pressure, and effectively prioritize and manage time and workload to meet client needs
- Willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Understanding of and commitment to client services
- A desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment
What you can expect from us
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers here.