JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Technician in Markham at JLL
at JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
About JLL –
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. As a Fortune 500 company, we help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. We have nearly 300 corporate offices across 80 countries, with a team of more than 86,000 individuals.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. With us, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections and be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions—join us at JLL!
The Maintenance Technician provides electrical and mechanical support for the assigned buildings. This role has responsibilities which include maintaining the HVAC system and controls, mechanical system troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, emergency response, general maintenance, carpentry, plumbing system and vendor management. The Maintenance Technician must be able to perform the repair, maintenance, restoration, and replacement of various components of the physical structure of buildings.
In particular, you will be responsible for carrying out the following duties specific to your Position:
- Completes special tasks that include but are not limited to; painting, locksmith work, tenant services requests, and general maintenance as assigned
- Completes special tasks that include but are not limited to; ensure all common areas are maintained by wiping down windows, mopping and/or vacuuming flooring and servicing common washrooms
- Maintain and repair l ocks, locking mechanisms, closers, doors, and controllers.
- Maintain and complete documentation for fire extinguishers, fire suppression systems, building alarm contacts, and other building systems.
- Maintain and repair plumbing components including toilets, urinals, lavatories, flush valves, water fountains, sinks, drains, water heaters, piping, and sump pumps.
- Prepare, prime, and paint building interior and exterior surfaces.
- Assist the operations team in the maintenance and repair of building and equipment
- General interior maintenance – hang pictures, install keyboard trays, repair office furniture systems
- Moves office furniture, machinery, equipment and other materials as requested
- Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting satisfactory client occupancy and operations
- Performs inspections and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas, including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems, lighting, etc.
- Respond effectively to all emergencies
- Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas. Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them
- Maintain compliance to Province, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws
- Complies with all policies for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials
- Participate in ongoing technical, safety, and operational process training programs
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment
- Documents work performance and materials procurement as directed
- Other assigned operational tasks as may be typically expected of the Maintenance Technician role
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one (3) year of applicable working experience in general building repair and maintenance, basic plumbing, and basic electrical
- Working knowledge of HVAC, building automation, system controls and fire alarm systems.
- Completion of an applicable technical training program is desirable
- Security training or certificate applicable in Province of employment
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers here.