John B. Sanfilippo & Son, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Machine Operator II - Second Shift
at John B. Sanfilippo & Son, inc.
- Job ID
The Machine Operator II operates and maintains at least one complex machine or one multiple machine line ensuring it is running efficiently. The person in this position also tracks performance data and communicates exceptions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets up machine-loading, dies, films, settings and monitors to make sure it is running efficiently.
- Monitors and assists with equipment upstream/downstream to ensure continuous operation.
- Follows work order, quality control and sanitation procedures concerning weights, packs, descriptions, dates, UPC's, cleanup and changeovers.
- Performs quality control and material waste checks.
- Directs/instructs machine line personnel in specific job duties.
- Performs pre-operational, quality control and material waste checks.
- Maintains and exceeds production, quality and safety standards.
- Loads product into hopper.
- Cleans machine properly after production runs or changeovers. Maintains a clean, organized and safe work area.
- Provides training to machine operator I.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe work area.
- Responsible for manufacturing, distributing and consistently maintaining safe and quality food by following good manufacturing practices, allergen controls, food defense, HACCP, SQF and regulatory requirements.
- Aware and accountable for maintaining and documenting preventative controls necessary to ensure food safety and quality.
- Responsible for immediately reporting all food safety and quality issues to management.
- Responsible for partnering with others, sharing knowledge, skills and information within assigned team and across functional areas.
- Responsible for enhancing technical and functional competencies, as well as professional and leadership development.
- Experience as a machine operator
- Level I power equipment license (JBSS).
- Basic problem recognition and resolution on the line being operated.
- Mechanical, electrical, and analytical abilities.
- Basic computer literacy (to understand QAD and scanners)
- Capable of managing multiple priorities
- Good communication skills and ability to follow directions
- Ability to speak and read in English
- Basic math skills
- Good manual dexterity, vision and mobility
This position is subject to mandatory overtime based on business needs.