Joliet Public School District 86
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nutrition Services Food Service Driver
at Joliet Public School District 86
Job Reference #: 2843
Openings as of 2/19/2019
- Nutrition Services Food Service Driver JobID: 2843
- Position Type:
Nutrition Services/Food Service Driver
- Date Posted:
Washington Jr. High and Academy
- Date Available:
A.S.A.P. POSITION: VAN DRIVER – FOOD SERVICES
- High school graduate
- Must possess a valid Illinois driver’s license. Previous driving record will be subject to review and will weigh significantly in selection process.
- A minimum of one year experience operating a commercial vehicle.
- Must be able to perform all duties associated with a physically strenuous position.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with various constituencies of the district.
- To deliver daily meals to elementary schools in accordance with established route schedules.
- To transfer meals from mobile transporting units to holding ovens at each school and verify the number of meals delivered.
- To collect empty food transporting units from each school and return to unit at the end of the day.
- To collect daily cash receipts from each school and turn in to administrative center business office. This will include daily food service receipts and school receipts.
- To maintain unit storage areas in an orderly manner. This will include stocking shelves, rotating stock, issuing stock from storerooms, freezers and coolers to production areas as required.
- To pick-up and deliver supplies from Building Support Service storage facility and central freezer as required.
- To insure that food service vehicle is properly maintained. This will include maintaining fluid levels, tire pressure and to inform Coordinator of when service and/or repairs are required.
- To maintain assigned food service vehicle in a clean condition, through daily interior cleaning and weekly exterior cleaning.
- Insure vehicle is properly secured and emptied of any food service property prior to turning in keys at Building Support Service office.
- To maintain open and constructive communication with lunchroom supervisor and building engineers and custodians.
- Any other duties, responsibilities or special projects as designated by the food service Unit Supervisor and/or food service Coordinator.
Position Guide: Non – Certified Personnel
Full – Time 8 hours
$14.13 Hour 9 Months
Bargaining Unit Position
Non – Exempt
Function: The van driver is responsible for, under the supervision of the food service unit supervisor, the safe and efficient delivery of food and supplies to district elementary schools.
This will include the collection of daily cash receipts from each location; maintain unit storage areas in an orderly fashion and proper maintenance of food service vehicle.
The information contained in this job description is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position.
Additional duties performed by the individual holding this position may be assigned.
Reports to: Director of Nutrition Services
Coordinator of Nutrition Services
Reports directly to the Food Service Unit Supervisor, will have regular interaction with the Coordinator and Director.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, to stand, to walk, to go up and down stairs, carry objects, to operate foot and hand controls,
to reach above the head and to bend and reach below the waist. The employee must frequently lift and/or move fifty (50) pounds.
This position requires accurate perceiving of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, and providing oral information.
Union Contact Link: