Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
OASIS Nurse Specialist, Home Health
Help us change the face of serious illness by joining our team as an OASIS Nurse Specialist with our Home Health Department
With 40 years of healthcare leadership and expertise, JourneyCare has achieved national recognition for growth, innovation, community partnerships and best practices in caring for adults and children with serious illness. JourneyCare serves 13 counties in the Chicago area and northern Illinois and is the largest provider of hospice and palliative care in Illinois. The agency also provides services that include JourneyCare House Calls, Chronic Care Management, JourneyCare Choices and Home Health - serving patients at all stages of serious illness. JourneyCare is dedicated to enriching lives through expert, compassionate care and empowering patients and families to live with dignity, on their own terms. We are more than just a career choice - be part of a culture where you can make a difference.
The OASIS Nurse Specialist provides compliance support with all mandatory quality reporting requirements. This position is responsible for review of OASIS and Plans of Care regarding appropriateness, completeness, and compliance with federal and state regulations and Agency policy.Experience and Skills
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Licensed Registered Nurse in state of Illinois
- Minimum of 2 years as a registered professional in the healthcare field
- Minimum of 1 year in home care
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations
- Ability to communicate effectively across organization; with patients, volunteers, and other customers
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced and changing environment with multiple priorities and objectives; to operate with a sense of urgency while maintaining flexibility and effectively managing priorities meeting deadlines
- Ability to maintain organizational confidentiality which includes, but in not limited to, information about patients/families, volunteers, employees, donors and Agency processes
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, patient database, internet, e-mail), voicemail
- May be required to lift up to 25-50 pounds
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- OASIS certification (HCS-O, COS-C)
Visit our careers website to apply for this position, read about our comprehensive benefits and learn about what it’s like to work at JourneyCare. Our team members make a difference! https://www.journeycare.org/careers
Why Work for JourneyCare?
JourneyCare is the combined organization of Horizon Hospice & Palliative Care, JourneyCare, and Midwest Palliative & Hospice CareCenter. The three organizations came together in 2015 to provide greater services to more patients and families across 10 counties in the Chicago area and northern Illinois.
We offer over 100 years of combined expertise, providing palliative, supportive and end-of-life care and helping people facing serious illness live life to the fullest, with dignity and without pain, on their own terms.
JourneyCare is growing and seeking world-class, compassionate professionals who are highly skilled, possess superior interpersonal skills and make a commitment to our culture of excellence. If you are looking to join a great team, browse our current opening or join our Talent Network to stay connected!
What is a Talent Network?