JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Architect - Information Architecture
at JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like youto build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world'simportant corporations, governments and institutions. You will developsolutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital,manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countriesaround the world.
The InformationArchitect (IA), will work as part of the Receivables Information Architecturefederated team to achieve a number of strategic deliverables and needs tonegotiate, agree and deliver artefacts such as the Business Entity Model, StateModel, Controlled Vocabulary and Communication Contracts and govern theirimplementation and traceability from Logical and Physical schemas.
The InformationArchitect will be considered the Subject Matter Expert on Data and InformationArchitecture and Management working closely and collaboratively with theproject development teams, ensuring that the design is implementable and thatdelivery is consistent with the agreed design.
- Strong experience of several major technology implementation projects
- Strong data orientation and experienced in data analysis and data mining (experienced with SQL)
- Strong working knowledge and experience of Data Modeling and Meta-modeling (preferably with UML or MagicDraw) or use of alternative Data Modeling tools.
- Experience in creating, contributing to and reviewing Architecture and Development artifacts such as Logical Data Model's
- Knowledge of core Information Architecture capabilities, including Master and Reference Data Management, Data Quality (DQ), Metadata Management, Data Taxonomy, Data Integration, Data Migration and Data Modeling
- Knowledge of and preferably development with industry standard models such as ISO 20022.
- Knowledge of different data modeling methodologies such as 3NF, Deformalized (Star Schema), Data Vault, XML Schema etc. with the ability to read and understand data models presented in a variety of formats.
- Ability to collaborate with business teams in order to understand, translate, review and playback requirements into Logical Data Models, Interface Specifications, Taxonomies and Controlled Vocabularies.
- Ability to understand, communicate and operate at Business, Technical, Application and Technology levels of Data and Information Architecture.
- Assist with the definition and documentation of current state and future state Information Architecture models.
- Assist with the definition, communication and implementation of data policies, standards and processes
- Collaborate and design conceptual and logical data models and supporting the physicalization of the models to support the target state architecture.
- Develop, own and manage the data modeling best practices, patterns and standards.
- Ensure appropriate enterprise data/information policies, principles and standards are adhered to and implemented throughout project delivery
- Contribute and assist the Lead Information Architecture SME and Design Authority, with ability to forge and develop relationships with key business stakeholders and development teams.
- Banking/Finance back ground
- Application development background
- Educated to degree level, or with appropriate career experience.
- Demonstrate the ability to drive result in a fast pace of change and challenging environments
- Strong collaboration and relationship management skills to effectively work across a wide range of stakeholders to gain buy-in and drive progress
- Ability to work independently, taking a leadership role on specific efforts
- Ability to multi-task, moving easily between strategy and execution
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – must be able to synthesize data into concise messages for leadership
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
- Outstanding attention to detail, follow-up skills and results-orientation
- Ability to work in a global team located across multiple regions and time zones
When youwork at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financialinstitution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest techcompanies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologistsdesign, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives tobig data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments,cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annualinvestment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovativesolutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, butalso change the world.
AtJPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, andwe're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and careerdevelopment, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career aspart of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the livesof people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.