LHC Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT-HOME HEALTH
at LHC Group, Inc.
- Location : Facility Name
- Assured Home Health
- Requisition ID
- Location : Postal Code
- Position Type
- Work Schedule
- Normal (Based on FT, PT, PRN)
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Evaluates the patient's functional status and physical therapy needs. Assists the physician in the development of the therapy
plan of care.
- Provides services within the scope of practice as defined by the state laws governing the practice of physical therapy, in
accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other members of the health care team.
- Observes and reports the patient's response to treatment and any changes in his/her condition to the supervising nurse and/or
- Treats patients to relieve pain, develop and restore function, and / or maintain maximum functioning using acceptable
standards of practice.
- Instructs and informs participating members of the health care team, the patient, and the family/caregivers regarding the plan
of care, functional limitations, and progress toward goals.
- Visits patients according to Plan of Treatment, completes a progress note for each visit, and submits progress notes per LHC
- Completes all patient evaluations and develops the PT plan of care within state specific guidelines. Reports outcomes of
evaluation, goals, and anticipated projected frequency of care to supervising nurse within 24 hours of the evaluation.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as necessary.
- May supervise home health aides in lieu of a RN if physical therapy is the only skilled service being provided and if allowed per
- Provides supervision of the PTA as per LHC policy.
- Prepares a written discharge summary and/or a written summary report on patient's condition at least every 60 days.
- Provides in-service education as requested by agency leadership.
- Adheres to LHC Therapy Standards of Practice in provision of services to all patients.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Current licensure to assist in the practice of physical therapy in state of practice.
- Current CPR certification is required.
- Current driver's license, vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation.
- AZ: Must have 2,000 hours of experience under onsite supervision post certification prior to working in home health.
- Louisiana and Texas: Must have one (1) year of experience as a licensed PTA.
- PA: Must have 2,000 hours of experience providing patient-related services under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist or worked as a physical therapist assistant for at least 3 years between October 2, 2003 and October 2, 2008 (Part time work is acceptable if equivalent to 3 years of full time work).
- AL, AR, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, KY, MD, MI, MS, MO, NC, OH, OK, OR, RI, SC, TN, VA, WA, WV, WI: No additional state specific requirements.