Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant/Associate Professor Information Technology & Undergraduate Program Director, Cyber Security
at Lindenwood University
Welcome to Career Opportunities at Lindenwood University.
PLEASE READ: For all applications, please include your resume and cover letter. You may skip the “Quick Apply” page by simply clicking “Next” at the bottom of the page. When you arrive at the “Experience” page, you may upload all desired documents using the upload box labeled “Resume/CV.” This is the appropriate box to upload all documents.
If you are a current or prospective student applying for a student employee position, please use your student email address in the email field on the application.
JOB TITLE SUMMARY
JOB TITLE SUMMARY
Job title: Assistant/Associate Professor, Information Technology & Undergraduate Program Director, Cyber Security
Department: School of Accelerated Degree Programs
Evaluation group: Academic Administration
FLSA status: Exempt
Location: St. Charles, MO
Reports to: Assistant Dean, Information Technology
The assistant/associate professor information technology & undergraduate program director, Cyber Security collaborates with the assistant dean and other school administrators in overseeing and assisting students in their academic learning. This position is responsible for establishing goals and direction for the school and providing leadership for all faculty and staff in the division or program.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Indicators
Essential Job Functions and Performance Indicators
Teaching and Learning
- Collaborates with deans and program faculty on academic and curriculum initiatives
- Ensures broad engagement in program assessment (and accreditation where applicable)
- Oversees faculty and student learning in respective program
- Develop and teach 30 credit hours of undergraduate and/or graduate courses or the equivalent as authorized by the dean
- Teaches a course load as prescribed in contract
Leadership and Strategic Thinking
- Works with deans, program chairs, and other faculty to ensure completion of annual assessment (and where required, accreditation) reports
- Collaborates with dean, program chairs, and other faculty in completion of program reviews
- Collaborates with school administrators, advisory boards, and faculty to develop and meet long- and short-term program goals
- Creates a positive work environment and common understanding of purpose
Human Resources Management
- Recruits, screens and oversees adjunct instructors
- When applicable, conducts and/or facilitates classroom observations and provides feedback
- Assists program faculty members in developing and improving skills as student advisors/mentors/teachers
- Collaborates with faculty and other administrators on performance issues
- Supports dean and other administrators in selection of new full-time faculty members
- Manages direct reports’ PTO through Workday
- Collaborates with deans and program chairs on course offerings, deployment, and curriculum within the school
- Engages in recruitment and retention of students
- Meets with prospective students
- Monitors student enrollment and retention data
- Reviews requests for substitutions in course requirements
- Oversees submission of schedules, book orders, syllabi, grades, and other work, when applicable
- Coordinates new student enrollment, when applicable
- Coordinates requests for catalog changes with department chairs, deans, and school curriculum committee
- Ensures timely return of requests for transfer credit evaluation
Communication & Collaboration
- Works with dean, other school administrators, and faculty to ensure effective communication
- Conveys information and ideas to faculty, staff, and other administrators professionally and effectively
- Collaborates with other faculty/schools/degree programs to enhance student learning
Subject Matter Expertise and Scholarship
- Demonstrates command of subject matter and continuous growth in subject field
- Maintains professional development and activities to upgrade and augment existing skills or develop new ones
- Maintains affiliation with professional organizations, as applicable
Job may require other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications – Required qualifications to effectively perform the job. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. (Additional requirements may be designated by position.)
- Earned terminal degree in a related discipline
- At least 5 years of Professional experience
- At least one industry recognized Certification in Cybersecurity
- Interest in collaborative leadership of the program or department
- Achievement in scholarship or creative activity that establishes the individual as a significant contributor to the field or profession with potential for distinction.
- Certifications as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Demonstrated skill in collaborating effectively with colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with administrators, faculty colleagues, and students
- Effective analytical and organizational skills
- Effective initiative and interpersonal skills
- Effective skills in communication through speaking, listening, reading, and writing
- Proficient technology skills, including but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, LMS, SIS, Student 360, Workday
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- General office conditions
- Position may require some work in the evening and on weekends
Physical Abilities – Activities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to sit at computer for extended periods of time
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function
The intent of this job description is to provide an overview of the duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lindenwood University is an Equal Opportunity employer. The University complies with appropriate federal, state, and local laws and provides equal employment opportunities and access to education programs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status to all qualified applicants and employees. Lindenwood University is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and dedicated to providing a positive discrimination-free educational work environment.
The mission of the human resources department is to provide a quality education and experience for all Lindenwood University students by selecting the appropriate full time and adjunct faculty, staff, and administration to serve the students, and by supporting the professional and personal success and wellness of those employees from the time of application through retirement.