Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cocktail Server - Music Hall
at Live Nation
Unity in Diversity
Our team members are as diverse as our music venues. With its owned/operated/managed venues, Live Nation Clubs and Theaters, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, is wide-ranging, including the legendary Fillmore venues and the intimate House of Blues clubs throughout the United States. Live Nation Clubs and Theaters is the country’s preeminent group of intimate music venues, featuring superior sound and lighting technology in one-of-a-kind custom-designed environments aimed to bring fans and artists together in unparalleled musical environments.
Our mission is to create a profitable and principled global entertainment company. To celebrate the diversity and brotherhood of world culture. To promote racial and spiritual harmony through love, peace, truth, righteousness and non-violence. Our venues bring fans as close to artists as possible and our aim is to create teams that are just as close.
- Serve food and beverages to guests in a nightclub environment with a cheerful attitude.
- Anticipate and respond to guests’ needs
- Suggestively sell beverages and menu items; take orders
- Answer guest questions, make recommendations, up-sell liquors
- Communicate drink orders to bar through Point of Sales system
- Deliver drinks, maneuvering trays through large crowds
- Maintain line of sight/atmosphere control by circulating through your work area throughout shift
- Remove dirty glasses, dishes, ashtrays from tables, including the lifting/moving of bus tubs up to 25lbs.
- Keep tables clean/wiped
- Clean spills, remove food, trash or other obstacles from floor using proper lifting techniques
- Maintain House of Blues safety and sanitation standards
- Follow housekeeping standards per HOB policy
- Keep current on all standard operating procedures
- Request identification from any guest who appears to be under 30 years of age
- Ensure responsible alcohol service per local ordinance alcohol awareness training and HOB alcohol policies
- Recognize when guests are becoming too intoxicated and refuse further service of alcohol in a courteous and safety-minded manner, bringing it to the attention of the manager
- Receive payment and process cash, credit card or Travelers check transactions according to HOB policy
- Ensure that comp and void checks are processed according to HOB policy
- Assist other servers and staff as needed
- Attend pre-shift meeting conducted by Manager on Duty prior to start of each shift
- Ability to work late hours
- Flexible schedule
- Working Knowledge of cocktail tray service, basic food service, responsible alcohol service, drink recipes and garnishes, point of sales systems
- 3 years work experience interacting with people in a positive environment
- Tolerance of all cultures, music and art forms
- Responsible Alcohol Awareness Training Certification or Equivalent
- Ability to deal with intoxicated guests in a positive and safety minded manner
- Cash handling experience
- Experience recognizing valid ID’s
- Experience in a live music environment
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
- Working environment is fast-paced, often loud and stressful
- Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing and working on your feet
- Must be able to lift or move up to 25 lbs using proper lifting techniques
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at http://www.livenation.com/careers/index.html to join the Live Nation Clubs and Theaters team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Recognized two years in a row by Great Place to Work®, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. From ground-breaking software to support our world-class platform Ticketmaster, to our mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, to our unparalleled roster of artists supported by diverse professionals in all facets of corporate operations, we offer a world of opportunity and an array of careers across every discipline.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our full-time, global workforce of more than 21,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents (plus a baby bonus to help with expenses), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development and career growth. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to concerts, festivals, sports games, and other live events through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.