Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Live Nation
Unity in Diversity
Our team members are as diverse as our music venues. With its owned/operated/managed venues, Live Nation Clubs and Theaters, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, is wide-ranging, including the legendary Fillmore venues and the intimate House of Blues clubs throughout the United States. Live Nation Clubs and Theaters is the country’s preeminent group of intimate music venues, featuring superior sound and lighting technology in one-of-a-kind custom-designed environments aimed to bring fans and artists together in unparalleled musical environments.
Our mission is to create a profitable and principled global entertainment company. To celebrate the diversity and brotherhood of world culture. To promote racial and spiritual harmony through love, peace, truth, righteousness and non-violence. Our venues bring fans as close to artists as possible and our aim is to create teams that are just as close.
- Meet, greet and seat all guests with a positive, friendly, helpful attitude and is a general source of information to all guests entering the House of Blues. Exudes pride and passion for the House of Blues Brand and Culture. Assisting in all areas of Host Stand Operations to help ensure a high quality guest experience.
- Understand the HOB Hospitality Zone
- Greet all guests promptly and courteously in a professional manner
- Control the flow of guests coming into the restaurant and those who are waiting for a table
- Obtain guests’ names, number in party, physical description, arrival times and any needs for children when applicable
- Direct guest to an appropriate location when on a wait
- Utilizing the HOB reservation system, estimate and quote accurate wait times for tables
- Show guests to tables, place menu in guest hands, wait for guest to be seated before leaving the table
- Anticipate and respond to guest needs (guest satisfaction)
- Market current and future shows, menu items and retail by placing all marketing literature on dining tables
- Properly answer guest questions regarding the menu, music hall, events, related art, music, history and artists appearing at the House
- Thank each guest for visiting the House and invite him/her to return in a friendly and sincere manner
- Communicate to door host, kitchen and Manager on Duty the wait time, parties of eight (8) or more, and any planned special event; any and all information is necessary to ensure proper flow
- Communicate to kitchen when large parties and special event parties have been seated
- Keep host area clean and organized throughout the shift (shift mechanics)
- Keep floor in host area free of spills, food, trash or other obstacles
- Polish and clean all entry door windows throughout the shift
- Maintain HOB safety and sanitation standards
- Assist other employees and departments as needed (teamwork)
- Adherence to standard operating procedures
- Required to occasionally work Special Events that are scheduled throughout the venue
- High School Diploma
- Working knowledge of restaurant operations, seating procedures, guest relations, problem solving
- Skill in diplomacy, handling multiple tasks, verbal skills, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to diffuse possibly volatile situations with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to seat guests in a high volume restaurant at a pace that maximizes efficiency of service and performance of overall operations
- Ability to adhere to the HOB uniform and appearance policy
- Efficient in basic computer skills
- Flexible availability- Position may require days, nights, weekends and holidays
- High skill level of Open Table and/or other reservation software
- Point of Sales (POS) knowledge, preferable MICROS
- Previous Customer Service/ Host experience
- Skilled in interpersonal communication and teamwork
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
- Working environment is fast-paced, often loud and stressful
- Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing and working on your feet
- Must be able to lift or move up to 25 lbs using proper lifting techniques
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at http://www.livenation.com/careers/index.html to join the Live Nation Clubs and Theaters team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Recognized two years in a row by Great Place to Work®, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. From ground-breaking software to support our world-class platform Ticketmaster, to our mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, to our unparalleled roster of artists supported by diverse professionals in all facets of corporate operations, we offer a world of opportunity and an array of careers across every discipline.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our full-time, global workforce of more than 21,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents (plus a baby bonus to help with expenses), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development and career growth. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to concerts, festivals, sports games, and other live events through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.