Medline Industries, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Manager - Hand Hygiene
at Medline Industries, Inc.
Job Reference #: MID010090
It is a particularly exciting time to be a Product Manager at Medline. The healthcare landscape is changing, and our customers are looking to us for solutions. As a Product Manager, you are responsible for driving sales of your product categories. You will collaborate with business units across the organization including Sales, Marketing, Operations, Inventory Management and Finance.
What makes product management different at Medline is your ability to run your product line as if it were your own business. Our leadership teams are passionate about their business and expect the same from you. Looking for visibility? You found it! If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are looking for ownership and a fast paced work environment, we've got it!
Make an impact at Medline!
We are seeking a Product Manager of Hand Hygiene within the Readycare Division located at our new corporate headquarters in Northfield, IL.
What will you do?
- Identify and develop new products and manage each stage of the process through take to market.
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing plans and promotional programs for existing products to include product strategy development, pricing strategy, collateral creation and brand management.
- Review monthly financial performance and determine contributing factors. Offer solutions for detrimental sales or cost trends. Prepare product forecasts to include revenue and expense expectations. Analyze sales trends over time and impact of competitive strategies. Support forecasts and budgets with appropriately detailed marketing plans.
- Work with Manufacturing, Purchasing and Engineering to reduce Cost of Goods by assessing packaging, alternate materials, new sources of material, stocking, make to order, direct to customer shipments, etc. Manage inventory by focusing on eliminating surplus and optimizing SKU count. May negotiate pricing with vendors for raw materials and finished goods. Visit vendors to develop products and train personnel all aspects of each product and usages. Coordinate materials with vendors and develop finished custom items.
- Analyze and bid on GPO and/or Integrated Delivery Network contracts for assigned product categories.
- Develop and deliver training materials for internal stakeholders, sales forces and customers. Create sales tools.
- Conduct market research and translate that research into new products, product improvements, or line extensions by providing leadership to a multi-functional team.
- Travel with sales force to support efforts to convert customers to purchase Medline products. Provide timely follow up to sales forces by answering product questions via e-mail and phone.
Why Medline? We'll let the numbers speak for us.
- 45 years of consecutive growth (double-digit for the past 20)
- 20 product divisions and counting
- 350,000 products and counting
- 15,000 employees spanning the globe
- 100 years in the industry, we know healthcare
- Ranked number 32 on Forbes 2017 list of largest privately held companies in the U.S.
- Conducting business in 90 countries.
What do you need to land the job?
- This is your business. Your passion for it will only help to accelerate your success and opportunity.
- Bachelor's degree
Relevant Work Experience
- At least 2 years of marketing, sales, product management or clinical practice experience (preferably in the healthcare industry)
- Experience negotiating with outside vendors and internal resources
- Experience collecting and analyzing financial data
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state)
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns)
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font)
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling)
What can you expect once you're on board?
- Medical, dental, vision & Rx plan
- 401k with company match!
- Impress friends & family with tours of our 679,000 square foot headquarters
- Indoor basketball court & fitness center open 24/7 and free to employees
- Subsidized cafeteria: eat healthy, spend less
- Break up the day with a quick game of ping pong or shuffle board
- Collaborate to innovate! Get away from your cube and team up with coworkers at the fireplace or at one of our many meeting spaces
- Worried about the drive? Check out our commuter options!