Metropolitan Family Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Social Worker/ Counselor
at Metropolitan Family Services
Metropolitan Family Services empowers families to learn, to earn, to heal, to thrive. Part mentor, part motivator, part advocate, since 1857, Metropolitan Family Services has been the engine of change that empowers families to reach their greatest potential and positively impact their communities. Metropolitan is Illinois’ first comprehensive human services agency and reaches more than 72,000 individuals and families in Chicago, Evanston/Skokie, the southwest suburbs and DuPage County with services promoting education, economic stability, emotional wellness and empowerment.
We are now hiring for a full-time Social Worker/Counselor to join our Team in Dupage County.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides home-based, and community based mental health treatment services to families and students of Bensenville School District 2.
- Provides office-based mental health services.
- Performs comprehensive, in-depth assessments for a variety of program services. Performs intake as assigned.
- Provides a full range of case management, counseling, advocacy educational and related services.
- Learns and utilizes agency and community resources.
- Assesses community conditions affecting clients to identify resource gaps and problems.
- Recommends financial assistance for clients.
- Provides group services as indicated by program need.
- Represents and interprets programs of agency in community.
- May serve on regional or agency-wide committees.
- Meets agency expectation for quantity of direct service.
- Complies with agency record-keeping expectations.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Works effectively with diverse staff and service population.
Master's Degree in Social Work or Counseling from an accredited college or university required.
Must be a Licensed Social Worker or Licensed Professional Counselor (LSW or LPC).
- Bilingual in Spanish required.
Requires mobility to work with a community-based caseload.
Ability to maintain assigned community and home-based services.
Ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and groups.
- While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is required to sit and stand for sustained periods of time, frequently talk, hear, use hands and fingers to feel, handle and operate objects or controls, and occasionally stand, bend, stretch, stoop, kneel and crouch.
- The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing and viewing a computer terminal.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Metropolitan Family Services offers a very generous benefits packet to our professionals:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medical Coverage: HMO, Traditional PPO, or PPO w/ HSA contributions.
- Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- 11 paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401K Plan
- Training and Professional Development Plan with E- Learning
- Wellness Initiative Program
- Employee Assistance Network