Metropolitan Family Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Social Worker/Counselor I
at Metropolitan Family Services
Metropolitan Family Services empowers families to learn, to earn, to heal, to thrive. Part mentor, part motivator, part advocate, since 1857, Metropolitan Family Services has been the engine of change that empowers families to reach their greatest potential and positively impact their communities. Metropolitan is Illinois’ first comprehensive human services agency and reaches more than 72,000 individuals and families in Chicago, Evanston/Skokie, the southwest suburbs and DuPage County with services promoting education, economic stability, emotional wellness and empowerment.
Metropolitan Family Services is proud to participate in the National Health Service Corps loan repayment program. For those who qualify, the NHSC will repay outstanding qualifying educational loans. Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors and Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists are eligible to apply for loan forgiveness if they work in our Blue Island or Southeast Centers!
Qualified individuals may earn up to $50,000 toward student loans in exchange for a two-year commitment at an NHSC-approved site through the NHSC Loan Repayment Program (NHSC LRP).
For more information on the NHSC's repayment program and to see eligibility requirements, please visit the following website: http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepayment
We are now hiring for an part-time Social Worker 1 or Counselor 1 to join the Southwest Team!
Provides intensive Mental Health Services including but not limited to follow-up services to C&A with mental illness or emotional disorder that are at risk for psychiatric hospitalization.
Services are intended to provide mental health care for children and adolescents, and provide comprehensive community care through direct services and/or linkages to the least restrictive resources.
Must be willing to work evenings.
Responsible for groups and individual sessions
Mobility to service a community-based caseload in the Cook County area.
Works with diverse staff and service population.
Completes documentation in timely manner.
- Performs comprehensive, in-depth assessments for a variety of program services. Performs intake as assigned.
- Provides a full range of case management, counseling, advocacy educational and related services.
Learns and utilizes agency and community resources.
Assesses community conditions affecting clients to identify resource gaps and problems.
- Recommends financial assistance for clients.
Provides group services as indicated by program need.
May be responsible for meeting contractual requirements such as 24-hour coverage.
Represents and interprets programs of agency in community.
May serve on regional or agency-wide committees.
Complies with agency record keeping expectations.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Works effectively with diverse staff and service population.
- Master's Degree in Social Work or Counseling or related field from an accredited college or university required.
- Licensed Social Worker or Counselor (LSW/LPC) required.
- Requires mobility to work with a community-based caseload.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver license, proof of insurance, and good driving record.
- Ability to maintain assigned community and home-based services.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and groups.
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is required to sit and stand for sustained periods of time, frequently talk, hear, use hands and fingers to feel, handle and operate objects or controls, and occasionally stand, bend, stretch, stoop, kneel and crouch.
The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing and viewing a computer terminal.
The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Metropolitan Family Services offers a very generous benefits packet to our professionals:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medical Coverage: HMO, Traditional PPO, or PPO w/ health savings contributions.
- Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- 11 paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Flexible Spending
- Opportunities for Student Loan Forgiveness
- 401K Plan
- Training and Professional Development Plan
- E- Learning
- Wellness Initiative Program
- Employee Assistance Network