Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Administrative Assistant- IL- Pathology
at MIDWESTERN UNIVERSITY
The Sr. Administrative Assistant in the Department of Pathology is responsible for oversight and management of department administrative operations. This position reports to the Chair of Pathology.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as liaison between the department and students
- Responsible for management of daily department operations
- Responsible for management of faculty administrative needs
- Provide assistance to the chair and faculty as necessary
- Attend class to take role and gain familiarity with lecture materials, maintain all class rosters, type and produce all syllabi and handout materials as necessary
- Maintain an examination test question bank, and type and produce all examination materials and quizzes as written and directed by the chair and faculty
- Proctor examinations in the testing center, compile and review examination results and prepare and issue final grade rosters for approval by the chair
- Provide administrative assistance to the chair and faculty
- Serve as liaison between the Pathology Department and University administrative departments
- Assist with other duties and departments as assigned by the Chair
- Oversee department budgetary expenditures and assure that departmental office inventory is maintained
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred. 3-5 years of previous administrative support experience required. Previous experience in a professional business, medical or academic setting preferred. Must have excellent written, verbal and organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities.
Computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Intermediate Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Intermediate Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Basic Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compare rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
“Midwestern University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veterans status, in accord with 41 C.F.R. 60-1.4(a), 250.5(a), 300.5(a) and 741.5(a).”