Milliman Care Guidelines
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Milliman Care Guidelines
The Chicago office of Milliman Inc. is looking for bright, enthusiastic and qualified candidates to work in their Financial Risk Management (FRM) practice.
Milliman’s rigorous, distinctly innovative approach to risk management is built on a foundation of actuarial expertise and shaped by some of the most advanced thinking in the industry. Whether you're looking to improve capital efficiency, comply with regulatory requirements, or guard against market volatility, Milliman offers a complete range of operational, strategic, and financial risk management solutions and tools.
We have a focused, multi-disciplinary team of actuaries, financial engineers/capital markets professionals and software developers working together to develop risk management solutions for the financial services industry. We currently advise some of the world's largest insurance companies in areas such as hedging strategy and operations, portfolio risk management, and capital requirements.
We hire the best in the business—and then trust them to do their work their way. It's about personal responsibility, creativity, flexibility. We believe great work happens in great work environments.
Our culture is highly collaborative with value placed on high quality work and innovation.
The Financial Technology Group seeks a Software Engineer to join its Financial Risk Management (FRM) Practice in Chicago, IL. We are a cohesive team of dedicated and enthusiastic software and quality assurance engineers, further supported by two managers and a small operations team. The spectrum of our work is broad, ranging from ad hoc solutions tailored to meet the immediate needs of a client to enterprise-scale applications that are critical to long-term business operations. This means that responsibilities are varied. However, on a perpetual basis we own, operate, and continuously improve three majors platforms: GridStep (for grid computing), HedgeOps (an enterprise reporting and workflow engine), and RISE (Retirement Income Security Evaluation).
This role will report to the Senior Director and Head of Financial Technology.
Your Role/What You’ll Do:
In the near term, the candidate will be expected to build, from the ground up, a suite of digital marketing tools designed to support FRM’s Innovator ETFs. For example, a web-based illustration tool is necessary to the continued success of Innovator ETF sales.
In the longer term, the candidate will join other engineers in the expansion of our RISE platform (Retirement Income Security Evaluation). RISE currently manifests as a scalable Web API providing online access to a sophisticated calculator which distills a detailed retirement profile and portfolio into a single score for the purpose of measuring one’s income security in retirement. Extensions of this platform are already scoped, including educational web sites and the incorporation of RISE-based strategies and administration into defined contribution plans.
- S. in Computer Science
- C#, ASP .NET and .NET Web API Experience
- Demonstrated implementations of Swagger in Web APIs
- Working knowledge of HTTP/S protocols
- Knowledge of software development life cycles methodologies and best practices
- Database development experience, preferably with SQL Server
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong command of object oriented programming
- Web design experience
- Mathematical and/or actuarial background/experience
- Proficiency in C or Java development
- Familiarity with SharePoint, JIRA and/or Zephyr
- Experience with git and/or subversion
At Milliman, we focus on creating an environment that recognizes – and meets – the personal and professional needs of the individual. We offer a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their families, including eligible domestic partners.
- A 401(k) plan with matching program
- Profit sharing as a discretionary contribution to employees’ retirement accounts
- Paid Time Off (PTO) starts accruing on the first day of work and can be used for any reason.
- Voluntary benefits such as additional life or accidental death and dismemberment coverage for yourself or dependents
- Flexible spending accounts allow employees to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for dependent care, transportation and applicable medical needs