Mundelein Consolidated High School District 120
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Mundelein Consolidated High School District 120
Openings as of 3/20/2019
- AVID Tutor JobID: 870
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Mundelein High School
- Date Available:
- Currently enrolled in college, or College Degree
- Must commit to the entire academic year
- Conduct tutorial sessions with small groups in many subject areas,
- Determine students' greatest academic needs,
- Work with students in any phase of the writing process (brainstorming, planning, revising)
- Be a positive role model for the high expectations set within the AVID Program,
- Evaluate student binders including classroom and textbook notes and/or assignment notebooks,
- Assist in teaching study skills and other aspects of college preparation,
- Collaborate with the AVID Site Coordinator, the AVID Elective Teacher, and the AVID Site Team, and other members at Mundelein High School
AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination)Tutors
Description: AVID is a research-based educational program promoting and preparing students for college readiness and academic success through participation in a rigorous college preparatory curriculum. The tutors and educators will provide educational support for student academic success.
Job Responsibilities: The AVID Tutor will provide tutoring for small groups (5-7 students) on a regular basis (2 times per week, up to 6.5 hours per week) throughout the school year in various academic subjects. The AVID Tutor guides the students toward academic and personal excellence.
Hours: 10:30AM - 3:05 PM Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
Application Procedure: Apply online and contact Melissa Schaefer at: mschaefer
or (847)949-2200 ext. 1562
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to email and phone inquiries.
Approved by Dr. Anthony Kroll, Principal