Newell Rubbermaid, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Engineer - Outdoor & Recreation
at Newell Rubbermaid, inc.
Position Title: Quality Engineer – Outdoor &Recreation
AtNewell Brands, we touch the lives of millions of consumers around the worldevery day. With our ability to create, innovate and animate, we can turn life'severyday moments into something special, something exceptional. We are buildinga winning team that can lead our industry for a generation. As a company with aspecial purpose, we will continually transform into the very best that we canbe. We know that growth is the engine that will power us.
Inorder for us to accomplish our vision our Quality Department is currentlyseeking a Quality professional needed to assume the roles and responsibilitieswithin cross-functional product development teams to identify and mitigatequality, safety and compliance related issues throughout the productdevelopment cycle, as well as assure the sustained achievement of our qualitygoals throughout the product lifecycle.
Afirm grasp of the role of the Quality Engineer, and the Quality function ingeneral, within the enterprise must be understood and appreciated.
- Leadscross-functional product development team in conducting risk analysis fromconcept to mass production.
- Developsand maintains new product inspection protocols.
- Facilitatespre-shipment inspection disposition to include collaboration with internationaland domestic stakeholders.
- Improvesproduct quality by performing failure mode analysis on defective returns;determining root cause and driving to corrective actions as it relates tosupplier quality/manufacturing issues; prepare and present findings to internaland external groups.
- Analyzessupplier quality data for performance trends and early warning signs.
- Conductsreturns review and analysis.
- Developsand presents product market quality performance reports to a diverse audienceof stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in an applicable engineering discipline (e,g,Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Materials, etc.) required.
- 2-5 years of experience in the area of Quality Assurance.
- Candidateshould be well-versed in continual/continuous improvement methodologies such asSix Sigma and/or Lean Six Sigma. ASQ certification preferred.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint andOutlook. Excel – pivot tables.
- Demonstrated excellent time management, multi-tasking andorganizational skills.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written presentation skills.
- A strong business and technical acumen.
- Excellent analytical and data analysis skills.
- Legal authorization to work in the US.
- The willingness and ability to travel up to 30% of the time toperform the essential duties of this position. Some international travel.
- PPAP experience desirable.
Due to the nature of our business, collaboration withinternational partners is a necessity. Consequently, the ability to be flexibleto with regards to your working hours is a necessary part of the role.
Positionis open for immediate full-time employment and provides a competitive salaryand benefits package. Relocation is not offered for this position.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.