Newell Rubbermaid, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Software Engineer, Rapid Prototyping
at Newell Rubbermaid, inc.
- Quickly evaluate feasibility of new features
- Create prototypes and proof of concept software that can be used as an example or foundation for a commercial feature
- Drive solution proposals from a feature vision to a concrete implementation strategy
- Closely interact with hardware engineering and software development to support feature creation
- Interface with external technology partners
- Bring up reference boards or prototype hardware and troubleshoot early integration issues
- Evaluate third-party software offerings and development kits to make recommendations and drive integration
- Analyze compatibility of software packages with existing hardware and software
- Review architecture and design proposals being generated internally and by external teams to ensure alignment with implementation recommendations
- Contribute to feature specification and technical design documentation
- Respond to quickly unblock development on the most complex design challenges
- 10 years embedded software development experience with commercial SoC products for high volume, high quality consumer electronics products (including mobile app, Cloud, embedded firmware). 5 years experience in software design
- Deep understanding of software engineering principles and strong software architecture.
- Experience integrating hardware, operating systems and software applications
- Extensive experience and expertise in the full life cycle development of software and systems
- Ability to ramp up quickly on both new technologies and existing technologies.
- Highly focused, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules.
- Ability to design the low level details with a constant view of the big picture
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent analytical, programming and debugging skills
- Mastery of Linux configuration, device driver integration, C, C , scripting languages, IP, Wireless communication protocols, and SoC bring-up
- Experience in AWS IOT, BLE, WiFi, MQTT, RESTful API, distributed systems, low power or battery operated devices, and bare-metal programming highly valuedEducation
- BS electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or equivalent (MS preferred).
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.