Norwegian American Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Executive Assistant. Administration
at Norwegian American Hospital
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: a769c06e-5c26-49f7-950a-15bbf07964f1
Norwegian American Hospital continues to grow as a leader in the community. A key position for an Executive Assistant to the COO / CMO awaits that special detail professional.
- Self started, independent worker, and detailed oriented. If these qualities describe you. Check out this position.
- Represent the COO, CMO and the hospital in a professional and congenial manner in person, in telephone conversations and in written correspondence.
- Composes letters and statements independently requiring application of hospital policies, rules and regulations and monitors follow-up for all distributions that require responses.
- Primary contact for department managers, staff and outside parties as it relates to the COO and CMO and hospital.
- Manages projects for the Executive Team and Leadership Team.
- Screens telephone calls and visitors, ascertaining who can be redirected to subordinate managers or other offices.
- Maintains files of administrative and hospital matters that are extremely confidential in nature. Such as, hospital contracts, regulatory compliance, physician complaints, joint commission, IDPH, etc.
- Prepares documentation for the COO and CMO for all hospital related events, where error could have significant effects on cost, such as, typing, proofing and assembling reports or proposals.
- Takes and reviews minutes during highly confidential meetings that would have negative impact on the hospital if shared beyond its intended audience.
- Makes phone calls on behalf of the COO or CMO, when instructed.
- Helps resolve patient and employee disputes when necessary by contacting the appropriate hospital personnel.
- Serves as a resource for the hospital.
- Makes travel arrangements for hospital related functions.
- Assists COO or CMO with acknowledging gifts and contributions to the hospital and in performance of employee relation functions. Such as, sending flowers in case of illness or death, sending out cards, etc.
- Bilingual English/Spanish highly desirable.