Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
If you are a Maintenance Professional looking to take your career to the next level, this is the position for you!!!
Hoping to grow your Maintenance and team lead skills working in a hospitality environment? Look no further than the corporate housing and serviced apartment leader. At Oakwood , we know that satisfied associates make for satisfied clients and guests. Oakwood promotes from within!
Our Maintenance Supervisor will lead our maintenance program in our new downtown Chicago Building. If you enjoy working with a great team in a collaborative, fast paced environment with growth potential, apply today!
Your Location: Chicago River North - 220 W. Illinois Street, Chicago, IL 60654
Your Hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM / Shifts and Weekend call rotation
Maintenance – HVAC – Appliance Repair – Customer Service – Plumbing – Pool
What’s In It for You?
Our Chief Maintenance Engineers enjoy a diverse work-life. You will complete a wide variety of tasks on a large property that includes preventive maintenance as well as apartment resets and responding to repair requests for our guests. Oakwood also has recognition and awards plus competitive compensation and benefits:
Medical / Dental / Vision coverage and Prescription Drug Programs / Company Paid Life Insurance & AD&D / Short and Long Term Disability Insurance / Life Insurance for Family Members / Multifaceted Learning Opportunities / Educational Reimbursement / Paid Vacation & Sick Leave / Child Care Reimbursement / Direct Deposit Payroll and much more!
What Your Day Is Like
- You will work with your team to provide our guests with excellent customer service, completing guest work orders in a prompt and efficient manner
- You will coordinate assignments as well as perform repairs on heating, cooling and plumbing and electrical equipment
- During apartment turnovers you and your team may reset furniture, perform painting tasks and other services to restore apartments to like new condition for our next guests
- You’ll be involved in establishing and executing on preventative maintenance programs ensuring the property stays in great shape
- You are a part of the on call scheduling rotation for maintenance service requests that will need to be performed after hours
- You and the team will keep our grounds safe during extreme weather conditions
Best Candidates Will Have
- 3 - 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be able to read and write in English and have excellent interpersonal communications and customer service skills for daily contact with guests
- General knowledge of plumbing (i.e. repair exposed fixtures, sinks, toilets, and garbage disposals; replace faucets)
- General knowledge of electricity (i.e. replace outlets, light fixtures, wall switches, etc.) and appliance repair
- HVAC Certification required
- Pool Maintenance
- Experience in a lead role in a small maintenance staff
- Previous hotel/apartment experience a plus
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus
Oakwood is the premiere global provider of Corporate Housing Solutions
Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Oakwood Worldwide is the world’s largest provider of high quality furnished and unfurnished accommodations. We provide the advantages of far-reaching resources, unparalleled expertise, and the industry’s most personalized customer service through a tightly integrated staff of more than 3,000 highly trained professional. Our company is staffed by bright, organized and dependable people driven by a common company goal: to help us accomplish great things through exemplary customer service to our clients and to our peers.
If you want to work in a fun, pro-employee, professional environment, join our industry leading team today!
OAKWOOD® is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. OAKWOOD® does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.