PARK DISTRICT OF HIGHLAND PARK
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Camp Big Top Little Top Assistant Director (M-F)
at PARK DISTRICT OF HIGHLAND PARK
Pay: $13 to $14.95/hour
Additional hours may be required during special events<br><br><strong></strong> Starting at $13-$14.95/hr
Job Reference #: 730
Openings as of 2/17/2019
- Camp Big Top Little Top Assistant Director (M-F) JobID: 730
- Position Type:
Summer Only/Camp Assistant Director
- Date Posted:
Larry Fink Memorial Park
- Date Available:
June 2019 Summary: An Assistant Director is needed for the Park District of Highland Park Big Top Little Top Summer Camp (Circus Camp, grades 4-8). He/she will assist the Camp Director in planning and implementing camp activities, program leadership and overall operations, as well as help campers develop self-esteem and healthy relationships. The candidate must effectively communicate with Park District staff, parents, and campers in positive and effective manner.
- Create safe, age-appropriate, and interactive activities and lead campers in multiple activities to build self-esteem in a welcoming environment.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with counselors, Directors and all Park District staff.
- Maintain cleanliness of camp site and all Park District facilities, maintain and inventory all equipment at the end of the camp day.
- Provide leadership, supervision and guidance to all campers and counselors in the program.
- Distribute medication when directed by the Camp Director to the specific participants who have signed the waiver and notified the Camp Director. Document and review all accident reports and give to Camp Director.
- Participate in the evaluation of camp counselors and staff.
- Communicate with parents daily and report any issues to camp director.
- Create and submit camp newsletters weekly to Camp Director.
- Maintain a positive attitude and model good behavior to staff and campers.
- Assist the Camp Director in following the policies and procedures as stated in the Camp Manuals. Technical skills in the camp area are required in order to provide all campers with a safe and memorable experience.
- Applicants for all Camps should have experience as a leader/teacher in a variety of subjects (circus,sports, P.E., programming, special events, childcare). Please include experience in your application.
- Must attend in service training with the Park District of Highland Park to be held the week of June 10th, 2019.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Wage Range: Starting at $13-14.95/hr, depending on experience
EOE: The Park District of Highland Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer.