Patient Accounts Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Patient Accounts Services
# of Openings:
If you enjoy a fast paced work environment and interacting with team oriented people while providing exceptional customer service and are looking for a rewarding career, Acclara may be the right place for you! Our Representatives are HIPAA certified professionals.
Our employee’s quality of life is important to us. Full-time employees are offered a comprehensive employee Benefits and Rewards package, including but not limited to:
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and personal time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Short Term Disability
- Business casual dress
- Employee Purchase Program
- Pet Insurance
- Discount programs to major retailers
- Discounts on auto and home Insurance
- Discounts with several cell phone providers
The Support Representative handles all in-depth research regarding patient’s self-pay, insurance and/or bad debt balances and secures payments from customers via the payment center. The On Site Support Service Representative effectively explains policies and procedures and refers each account for proper resolution and provides feedback to the department where the concern originated via the CU or Host system.
The Support Representative must be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures, including patient and insurance billing and relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
The core responsibilities of a Support Representative are to secure payments via the payment center, research, insurance/adjustment identification to ensure proper account resolution and provide proper feedback to all departments within 24-48 hours of receipt of the request. This position requires the ability to work independently, accomplish goals, excellent customer service and communication skills, creativity, patience and flexibility. On Site Support Service Representatives rely on guidelines established by the organization to perform job functions and work under general supervision in a moderately fast paced environment. On Site Support Service Representatives usually report to the department lead or supervisor.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB FUNCTIONS:
Core responsibilities include but are not limited to the items listed below:
- Provide Patient Friendly Customer Service
- Review and Interpret Patient Statements, Account Balances and Client Contractual Terms/Agreements
- Obtain Supporting Documentation Regarding Patient/Client Follow-up Efforts
- Identify Contractual & Administrative Adjustments
- Assist & Resolve Patient Inquiries/Requests in a 24-48 Hour Period
- Assist with Training of Team Members
- Assist with Special Projects
- Secure Payments over the phone
- Other duties as Assigned
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of two years previous work experience as a customer/client service representative is desired.
- Must have full understanding of customer service and insurance follow-up processes (i.e. Billing, Collections, Managed Care, Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial Practices), and well-developed interpersonal skills.
REQUIRED JOB KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- · Reliable attendance record
- · Knowledge of EOBs, CPT & ICD-9 codes, HCFAs, UB92s, HCPCS, DRGs and authorizations/referrals
- · Good problem solving skills
- · Ability to learn / stay abreast of relevant policies
- · Computer literate / able to use basic functions of a computer
- · Ability to type a minimum of 30 wpm
- · Detail oriented and well organized
- · Ability to perform under pressure in a calm manner
- · Basic math skills
- · High degree of accuracy
- · Positive attitude
- · Flexible
- · Team player
Having trouble applying? Email us at: email@example.com