Precyse Solutions, LLC.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supervisor, Patient Access
at Precyse Solutions, LLC.
- Job ID
- Employment Type
- Hours Per Week
- Onsite Work Schedule Details
- M-F 8 AM - 5 PM (with flexibility)
- 5841 S Maryland Ave. Chicago, IL
The Patient Access Supervisor manages the day to day operations of a team of colleagues to provide patients with above average accuracy and time efficient financial clearance services. Takes personal responsibility to stay abreast of current policies and procedures, as well as maintains expertise proficiency in all Patient Access technologies This role acts as an advocate for the customer and also serves as a liaison between colleagues, hospital departments and physician offices in a collaborative effort to facilitate patient registrations and admissions, verify insurance benefits and obtain related authorizations. Additionally, the Patient Access Supervisor may be responsible for managing the oversight of financial resource screening for Medicaid, Affordable Care Act, and hospital-sponsored financial programs as appropriate. Specific functions vary by location and department internal operations.
- Assigns and directs work and conducts performance appraisals.
- Works closely with the clinical team of the various ancillary departments.
- Prepares and communicates work schedules for colleagues.
- Tracks and communicates key metrics including point of service cash collections, registration productivity, quality, accurate and timely insurance verification and securing authorizations as necessary.
- Tracks productivity monitoring of staff to maximize resources and results.
- Attends, prepares materials and actively participates in the facilitation of mandatory monthly staff meetings, new hire training, team building, in services and continuing education sessions.
- Implements processes and tools to consistently achieve established key performance metrics.
- Identifies and addresses team member training needs to outperform expectations.
- Provides colleague performance data in preparation of annual reviews.
- Provides regular reporting and communication to nThrive leadership and back to client.
- Provides assistance/resolution to external and internal client inquiries around patient financial service activities.
- Creates a positive, effective and caring work environment by leading through nThrive's values.
- As a subject-matter expert, assists team with escalated customer and client issues, coaches and trains other colleagues as needed.
- Maintains a current working knowledge of all patient financial and healthcare related issues and regulations.
- Reports any trends in patient wait times, registrations, financial clearance, point of service cash collections and procedural issues and makes recommendations to the internal leadership and/or client to maximize performance when appropriate.
- May be responsible for acting as point of contact for specific client(s) operational activities, including implementation updates, reporting, escalations and presenting at client meetings.
- Supports leadership with analyzing Patient Access performance to drive client satisfaction and related revenue cycle results.
- Maintains an awareness of the patient level of comfort during the wait.
- Promotes a positive image to patients, visitors and physicians by adhering to the nThrive Core Values of Courage, Authenticity, Respect, Excellence, and Service.
- Provide superior customer service and maintains a professional image.
- Supports nThrive’s Compliance Program by adhering to policies and procedures pertaining to HIPAA, FDCPA, FCRA, and other laws applicable to nThrive’s business practices. This includes: becoming familiar with nThrive’s Code of Ethics, attending training as required, notifying management or nThrive’s Helpline when there is a compliance concern or incident, HIPAA-compliant handling of patient information, and demonstrable awareness of confidentiality obligations.
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least two years of previous experience in a supervisory or lead role.
- At least three years of experience working within the registration process in a hospital or physician office setting, including demonstrated success obtaining patient demographic and financial information, handling insurance verification and obtaining authorizations
- Knowledge of federal or state government agencies including but not limited to Medicare, Medicaid, VA or Charity Care programs, or patient management and healthcare accounts receivable within the healthcare revenue cycle.
- Proficient knowledge of commercial, government insurance plans and workers compensation, insurance verification and authorization procedures, payer networks, government resources, and medical terminology.
- Ability to build high performing teams, meet departmental and individual performance objectives.
- Demonstrated experience handling escalated issues, educating and mentoring team members and demonstrating subject matter expertise.
- Expert knowledge of patient access services and the overall effect on the revenue cycle.
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively with a customer and simplifying complex information.
- Experience working in a role that requires prioritization of multiple critical priorities while ensuring quality and achievements of performance metrics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all MS Office Products and Internet Explorer.
Be Inspired. Ignite Change. Transform Health Care.
From Patient-to-PaymentSM, nThrive provides all the technology, advisory expertise, services, analytics and education programs health care organizations need to thrive in the communities they serve. Our colleagues share a united passion to help health care organizations strengthen their financial position, which translates to accessible, quality care for all. This passion fuels our drive to innovate and participate in community outreach through the nThrive CARES program. Our colleagues are encouraged to think differently and empowered to make a lasting impact that ensures our health care providers, and our world, are healthy and productive.