Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate General Counsel
at PrivateBancorp, inc.
- # of Openings
CIBC provides tailored commercial, wealth management, personal, and small business financial solutions in the United States through 46 offices in 18 states, as well as cross-border banking services to clients with North American operations. Learn more at cibc.com/US.
CIBC is a Toronto-based, global financial institution with a 150 year history, serving 11 million personal and business clients. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders.
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
CIBC Bank USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
Serve as bank regulatory counsel for CIBC’s branches and banking entities in the U.S. with a focus on bank regulatory developments and analyzing and advising on the impact of those developments on our businesses. Assist with interpretation of applicable banking regulations and guidance, applications and other supervisory correspondence with the banking agencies. Involvement in a broad range of other legal and risk-related matters as may be assigned from time to time.
- Licensed lawyer with at least 5 years of experience in bank regulatory and related matters; including experience with foreign banking organization regulation
- Experience working for the Federal Reserve highly desirable
- Experience advising on the Investment Company Act desirable
- Graduate of an accredited law school
- Strong academic record
- Highest ethical standards and integrity
- Strong leadership skills
- Client-focused and service-oriented professional
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent judgment
- Ability to effectively interact with internal clients
- Strong time management skills