Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Central Supply Technician - Central Supply, Full-time
at Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
Under the direction of appointed supervisor, follows established procedures for the following: 1) complete patient transportation within SRAlab and to and from appointments outside the facility; 2) process system generated supply requisitions; 3) distribute supplies to the requesting departments within the medical complex; 4) maintain adequate supply levels of designated stock items in the appropriate patient care areas within the medical complex; 5) maintain the general storeroom by distributing inventory to and from the appropriate bin locations.
Consistently demonstrates support of the SRAlab statement of Mission and Philosophy by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute
- Reviews the daily Outside Appointment Schedule.
- Prepares the Patient Transportation Log.
- Transports patients within SRAlab and to and from appointments outside the facility.
- Documents each patient transport on the Patient Transport Log
- Processes system generated bulk supply requisitions within the time frame as determined in department Service level Agreement.
- Maintains adequate inventory levels for all par leveled supply cabinets using the hand held scanner.
- Uploads inventory requisitions based on scanned supplies.
- Picks supplies according to the system generated Pick Tickets.
- Bundles supplies according to the system generated Packing Slips.
- Delivers supplies to the appropriate requesting departments within the medical complex.
- Distributes received goods to the appropriate bin locations in the Central Supply storerooms.
- Maintains inventory in the Central Supply storerooms neatly and in order by bin location.
- Prepares and maintains adequate inventory levels of kit items.
- Transports and maintains Emergency Carts according to procedures established by the CPR committee.
- Responsible for successfully completing Great Plains and Cerner training program and utilizing Great Plains and Cerner in performing job duties, as needed.
- Shares in inventory management tasks of the Storeroom as assigned including monitoring of stock levels.
- Maintains clean and orderly work areas including all par leveled supply areas, storeroom, work stations, mailroom and associated hallways.
- Performs special pick-ups or deliveries as needed.
- Decontaminates, cleans and dispenses patient care equipment to nursing floors, and retrieves such equipment from the dirty utility rooms for reprocessing.
- Provides coverage for weekends and holidays for other team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports directly to the Manager, Central Supply & Distribution
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Work requires educational development normally acquired through high school to perform according to written procedures, correctly interpret receiving documents and requisitions, and perform simple calculations.
- Work requires a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Work requires three to six months orientation and training to ensure knowledge of storing and distribution procedures, as well as for on-the-job experience to learn how to safely and efficiently operate various automatic cleaning and disinfecting equipment, and to utilize aseptic techniques.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when setting up equipment, checking stock orders, and filling requisitions.
- Ability to transport patients on carts, shelve supplies, stock cartons, etc., weighing over forty pounds.
- Interpersonal skills required to exchange factual information in an accurate and courteous manner with Institute staff and contact persons within the medical complex.
- Work requires attention to detail while taking inventory and verifying accuracy of supplies.
1. Occasional exposure to dust, exhaust fumes, and variable temperature while receiving and storing items.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SRAlab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.