Sargent & Lundy LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Entry-Level CAD Drafter
at Sargent & Lundy LLC
- United States
- Area of Interest
- Design and Drafting
- Full Time - Regular
- Job ID
Sargent & Lundy provides comprehensive engineering, design, analysis, and consulting for electric power generation projects worldwide.
Nuclear power has been a core competency of Sargent & Lundy since 1954. We have proven capabilities in nuclear project engineering, design, and project management and our leading-edge services address today's emerging issues with highly effective solutions for both new nuclear unit design and upgrades to existing plants.
We can offer you outstanding career opportunities in nuclear power technologies working for a first class group of clients.
Our Core Values
We are a company of principled professionals guided by core values that have fundamentally shaped our business practices and culture. They provide us with guidance in the day-to-day performance of our work, and adherence to these values is our compass in all business conduct:
- Exercise uncompromising integrity and ethics in the conduct of all business
- Focus on client satisfaction in all activities
- Maintain a highly competent and satisfied staff
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Improve continuously
- This entry-level position will offer you the opportunity to utilize and expand your drafting skills, while working in a multi-disciplined team environment with other designers and/or engineers in the preparation of design drawings based on design input
- You will have the opportunity to apply your computer-aided drafting skills, while receiving hands-on training in 3D design software environments, such as AutoCAD 3D and/or MicroStation; additionally, you will receive training in Sargent & Lundy’s award-winning, industry-recognized proprietary design databases
- You will be involved in creating master sketches to scale showing relation of proposed installations to existing facilities and exact specifications and dimensions
- You may accompany and assist experienced designers on walkdowns at client facilities to gather information for your design project
- While interfacing with vendors and construction contractors, you may be given the opportunity to explain your drawings so appropriate design adjustments can be made
Essential skills and experience:
- Associates Degree in Computer Aided Design
- Drafting experience using standard computer drafting tools (i.e. AutoCAD or MicroStation)
- Ability to visualize parts in 3D without the aid of the computer
- Ability to multi-task from project to project
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of technical plans, drawings, and models
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology, including the ability to relate various equipment to a technical design
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.