Specialized Medical Services, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CDL Delivery Driver
at Specialized Medical Services, Inc.
|Title:||CDL Delivery Driver|
Specialized Medical Services (SMS) is the nation's largest provider of respiratory products services to nursing homes and other long-term care facilities. We have an immediate opening for a CDL-licensed Driver to join our Bensenville team. This position will deliver liquid oxygen and durable medical equipment to nursing homes throughout the Chicagoland area. Specific duties include:
- Delivers liquid oxygen and durable medical equipment
- Answers phone calls and responds to customer requests
- Enters equipment/product orders via onboard device and Fastrack System
- Completes FDA and Company required paperwork and submits all paperwork on scheduled timeframe
- Keeps delivery vehicle clean
- Keeps appropriate amount of inventory on vehicle and in storage unit
- Communicates with supervisors and customers
- Additional duties as assigned
A successful candidate will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with tanker and hazmat endorsement, valid medical card, and good driving record;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Good computer skills required, including MS Word and Excel. Fastrack system, inventory, or bar coding/scanning knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priority assignments;
- Must have the ability to work at a quick pace and meet deadlines;
- Must be willing to cross train, cover additional routes and fill in when needed;
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, with or without accommodation.
- Previous related experience a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to providing a safe working environment. All offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a satisfactory criminal background check and negative drug screen.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
*Current SMS employees should submit a paper Internal Application directly to Human Resources