SPR Technology Consulting
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Data Architect
at SPR Technology Consulting
- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- | US-IL-Chicago
SENIOR DATA ARCHITECT
WHO IS SPR?
SPR is a digital technology consultancy that develops elegant solutions to transform the way people do business. We’re 300+ strategists, developers, designers, architects, consultants, thinkers, and doers in Chicago. We work with 160 clients in 10 unique industries – everything from corporate finance and global logistics to local breweries and Chicago startups.
We think about the end users and rigorously apply the latest technologies and frameworks to address our clients’ needs. We enable companies to do more with data, engage with other people, build disruptive solutions, and operate productively. To do this, we hire smart technologists and sharp business leaders who are excellent communicators and have an interest in working on multiple projects across industries.
SPR offers a great environment for employees to learn, to build systems that make an impact, and to tackle exciting challenges. With our office’s “Maker Space”, you can explore your IoT side and develop fun projects with 3D printing and CNC machining. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, bonuses, generous vacation time, big fitness incentives, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
By joining the SPR team, you’ll be using your brain, working hard and making an impact through your projects – and you’ll be rewarded for it.
WHAT IS THE POSITION?
As a Senior Data Architect at SPR, this individual has ownership of the thought leadership and evangelism of data integration solutions and strategies, including designs of data schemas. Working with the Data Management Practice Lead, the Senior Data Architect will be key in the execution of strategies that drive the growth of the SPR Consulting and Data Management Practice. Additionally, the Senior Data Architect will participate in the development and deployment leading edge solutions in the areas of data pipelines (data in motion), data stores (data at rest), data modeling, data cleansing, data mining, machine learning and data virtualization. This individual must be experienced in large-scale system implementations with complex data processing and analytics pipelines and must demonstrate a deep understanding of data analytics best practices, and have experience in. This individual must be able to demonstrate innovative approaches to complex problems which deliver industry-leading experiences for our clients.
- Act as a trusted advisor to SPR Consulting clients in the development of strategies, analysis of requirements, along with the development and deployment of complex data integration and architecture solutions
- Provide thought leadership related to data integration and architecture via blogs, white papers, and conferences
- Guide and coach junior Data Management personnel with regards to best practices
- Develop solutions and technology demonstrations that demonstrate SPR Consulting’s mindshare and expertise in the areas of data integration and architecture
- Function as a hands-on resource in the architecture, development, and deployment data integration technologies for both streaming and batch data loads
- Participate in the development of proposals and business development activities
- Work with the Data Management Practice Lead on forward thinking solutions that capitalize on current and future trends in the fields of data integration and architecture.
- Motivated, self-starter with ability to learn quickly
- Proven team leadership, including hands-on mentoring for teams delivering innovative data solutions
- Experienced with SQL, Python, Spark skills (R is a strong plus)
- Experience in architecting and engineering innovative data solutions for streaming and batch data loads
- Familiarity with architectural patterns for data-intensive solutions
- Expertise in real-time streaming and migrating batch-style data processing to streaming and micro-batch solutions
- Use of distributed messaging systems to rewrite systems in place
- Knowledge of the RDBMS core principles; set up, tune, design, as well as newer unstructured data tools
- Experience developing large scale, complex logical data models (along with physical implementations of the logical models)
- Familiarity with consulting and traditional application design
- Experience estimating technical solution builds and contributing to custom proposals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Display solid problem-solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
- Must be a hands-on individual who is comfortable leading by example
- Experience with Agile Methodology
- Possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Able to manage your own time and work well both independently and as part of a team
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
Cloud (Azure, AWS, Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Mesos, DC/OS) //RDBMS (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, DB2) /NoSQL (Mongo, Raven, DocumentDB, Cassandra, Maria, Riak)/Python (including Databricks) //Big Data (Cloudera & Hortonworks Hadoop distributions, including Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Spark) /Integration Tools (Apache Nifi, Cloudera Streamsets, Azure Data Factory, AWS Glue, Talend) /ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana)/Machine Learning (Azure ML tooling, TensorFlow, AWS Sagemaker, scikit-learn) /Data Visualization (Grafana, Kibana)/ Microsoft PowerShell /AWS SDK/Fast Data (Apache Ignite / Gridgain, Apache Geode/Pivotal Gemfire)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Data Science, Analytics, Computer Science, Engineering or Science / Technology-based disciplines
- 3-5 years of professional experience
If this sounds like the kind of challenge you would be up for every day, we would love to hear from you.