Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP, Enterprise Data Lake System Architect
The candidate will be responsible for defining the Data Lake system design and data pipeline interfaces (real-time, batch, on-demand, streaming). The candidate will have demonstrated technical delivery experience using the latest Big Data technologies and products for large advanced analyst communities, including hands on evaluations and in-depth research to ensure solid investment roadmap. The candidate must have a solid understanding of Hadoop and Big Data open source solutions such as Spark, Kafka, Hive, Pig, HBase, and Elasticsearch. Experience with system management tools and system usage and optimization tools a plus. The candidate will also have experience building relationships and influencing cross functional teams across a large organization.
- Develop an effective, coherent, reliable and phased enterprise data lake architecture approach to help the business grow and change
- Develop a roadmap for the enterprise data lake platforms for advanced analytics and data science
- Map business opportunities to appropriate data lake architecture patterns as business strategies and technology mature.
- Develop and maintain processes to acquire, analyze, store, cleanse, and transform large datasets using tools like Spark, Kafka, Sqoop, Hive, NiFi, HBASE and MiNiFi
- Provide recommendations, technical direction and leadership for the selection and incorporation of new technologies into the Hadoop ecosystem
- Contribute to the development, review, and maintenance of requirements documents, technical design documents, and functional specifications
- Help design innovative, customer-centric solutions based on deep knowledge of large-scale, data-driven technology and the financial services industry
- Help develop and maintain enterprise data standards, best practices, security policies and governance processes for the Hadoop ecosystem
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 7 years of experience in Technology OR in lieu of the Bachelor's degree minimum 12 years of experience in Technology
- 4 years experience as an Architect with hands on working experience on Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, MapReduce, HDFS, Hive, Pig Sqoop and Oozie
- Experience in AI, BI and machine learning projects
- Experience working on AWS, Azure or other cloud providers for big data
- Credit card/payment experience
- Strong background in Financial Services
- Extensive experience working with data warehouses and big data platforms
- Experience working in real-time data ingestion
- Experienced in sourcing and processing structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
- Experience in working No-SQL data stores such as Hbase / Cassandra / HAWQ DB etc.
- Experience in Data Cleansing/Transformation, Performance Tuning.
- Experience in leveraging Apache Atlas for data governance.
- Experience in Storm, Kafka, and Flume would be a plus.
- Experience in Java and Spring would be a plus.
- Experience working on Ab Initio would be a plus.
- Hortonworks or Cloudera or MapR Certification would be a plus
- Basic knowledge of Big Data administration (Ambari).
- Demonstrated experience building strong relationships with senior leaders
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Outstanding written and verbal skills and the ability to influence and motivate teams
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 100,000.00 - 200,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group:Information Technology
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.