The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: SOUTHWOOD INTERVENTIONS
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Case Manager I works as part of the treatment team, especially in treatment and discharge planning, with primary responsibility for helping clients gain access to a wide variety of supportive services. The case manager conducts a needs assessment, assists clients in developing a service plan, and works with clients to help them achieve the goals of the service plan. The case manager must be self-motivated and willing to meet clients in home or community locations and take them to appointments on occasion. The case manager must also document all client contacts accurately and thoroughly, and must work to expand Abraxas Youth and Family Services’ Linkage Agreements and relationships with other service providers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts comprehensive client assessments to collect functional, environmental, psychosocial, financial, employment, housing, educational, and health information as appropriate regarding clients’ needs.
- Assists clients in developing service plans
- Facilitates client access to community resources, including substance abuse and mental health services, recreational activities, housing, food, clothing, school programs, vocational opportunities or services, and other relevant supportive services; assists client in developing natural resources and making contact with social supportive networks.
- Develops linkage agreements and relationships with a wide variety of service providers.
- Monitors service plan and tracks client activities in relation to service plan.
- Meets clients in home or other community locations as necessary.
- Documents all client encounters and contacts; maintains comprehensive client files; completes and submits billing documentation as required.
- Provides ongoing assessment; evaluates effectiveness of service plan and progress made by client; participates in client treatment planning and case review with program staff.
- Monitors effectiveness of services provided and if necessary recommends revision of service plan.
- Maintains and reports applicable statistics regarding programs and client services
Qualifications: (education, experience, certification & licensure)
Education and Experience:
- Possession of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in social work, psychology, counseling, sociology, or a related field and three years of social service experience, one year of which has been with substance abuse and/or mental health clients;or equivalent to a Master's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in social work, psychology, counseling, sociology, or a related field and one year of professional case management experience involving substance abuse and/or mental health clients.
- Possession of a valid Illinois driver’s license and car required. Preferred licensure/certification includes Certification in Alcohol and Drug Counseling (CADC), licensure in clinical social work (LCSW), certification in counseling mentally ill substance abusers (MISA), or related.
- Encountered on a regular basis as part of the work this job performs.
- The position will be located at 2929 S. Wabash -Chicago IL