The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: SOUTHWOOD INTERVENTIONS
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOW HIRING...Substance Use Treatment...Intake Counselor
5701 S. Wood
Chicago, IL 60636
Responsible for maintaining appropriate census through the scheduling, assessment and intake of clients, under the supervision of the Treatment Supervisor.
- Coordinates all admissions, to include; scheduling transportation, writing intake summaries, and taking care of any customer service needs.
- Works collaboratively with other departments to ensure that all admission and intake processes are completed.
- Ensures all required documentation is requested and obtained as required and maintains tracking system for all documentation.
- Maintains knowledge of the pharmacological effects of drugs and alcohol on patient health.
- Recognizes symptoms of the dually diagnosed patient.
- Communicates referral information to the treatment team.
- Develops therapeutic relationships with residents, significant others and providers; uses communication skills to engage them in the treatment process.
- Develops and maintains appropriate professional boundaries between self, staff, resident, and providers and identifies issues related to ethics and boundaries, as identified in the Code of Ethics.
- Tracks, Documents and edits reports that are sent to the customer.
- Responsible for developing and tracking all Correspondence sent to our Customers.
- Interacts with other agencies, professionals, and referral sources and presents a positive image of the facility and the organization.
- Effectively uses written, verbal, and non-verbal communication; uses clinically appropriate forms and records, accurately and timely documenting resident assessment planning and progress.
- Identifies opportunities for program improvement, uses appropriate improvement tools and techniques to address potential quality issues within the facility, and participates in quality improvement initiatives/activities.
- Identifies tasks to be completed in order of highest to lowest priority and behaviors that will not interfere with the ability to complete assignments.
- Promotes teamwork through collective effort and works cooperatively with team members.
- Maintains appropriate credentials and pursues internal and/or external training and development opportunities.
- Adheres to confidentiality requirements.
- Attends mandatory in-services.
- Knowledge of the procedures to follow in the event of an incident.
- Knowledge of job responsibility in emergency.
- Knowledge of responsibility regarding actions to minimize, eliminate, and report risks.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
- The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- Bachelor ‘s degree in addictions, social work, psychology, or human services related discipline; CADC, LSW, LCSW, LPC, OR LCPC preferred. Experience working with the population of the hiring unit is preferred.
- Other Qualifications:
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Other Qualifications: