The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LPN Day Shift
at The Geo Group
Facility: SOUTHWOOD INTERVENTIONS
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Provides nursing intervention(s) to improve and maintain the physical and emotional health of patient(s). Performs nursing care activities under the supervision and/or direction of the Registered Nurse. Participates in the behavioral health treatment milieu program under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and in conjunction with the treatment supervisor.
- Identifies normal versus abnormal physical issues of patients and supports assessment.
- Recognizes change in patient physical and emotional status and reports appropriate information to the appropriate personnel.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the purpose of medication in treatment and assesses the patient for anticipated actions. Contraindications and side effects.
- Ensures patient safety by the reporting of incidents and medication errors.
- Participates in the revision of the treatment plan
- Monitors the self-administration program.
- Administers nursing care as directed and according to policy.
- Administers medications as indicated. Documents medication therapy and maintains appropriate records pertaining to controlled substances.
- Flexibility to adapt to schedule changes and assumption of responsibilities which are related to work as a member of an addiction or behavioral health treatment team.
- Transcribes or assists with the transcription of physician’s orders.
- Communicates accurate information regarding patient status.
- Updates the physician and interdisciplinary team regarding patient’s current and potential problems.
- Evaluates patient’s response and reaction (if any) to medications administered and documents the same.
- Informs the physician of patient response to medications and the medical treatment.
- Participates in and contributes to unit conferences and staff meetings.
- Promotes and participates in patient education.
- Transports patient to health appointments, as needed.
- Follows up on medical/psychiatric referrals.
- Demonstrates responsibility for the cleanliness and organization of assigned work are and equipment, maintaining supplies in a safe and efficient manner. Reports needed maintenance and repairs.
- Participates in the infection control program.
- Adheres to confidentiality requirements.
- Attends mandatory in-services.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- Current licensure as a Practical Nurse in the State of Illinois and two years of experience; two years of experience working with chemically dependent or mentally ill patients preferred.
- Other Qualifications:
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances and background check.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Other Qualifications: